Hacking What is Haxchi or CBHC? FAQs and info

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fear (For me) is that someone else who uses my Wii u will move the app or delete it
Fair enough. That's why I have a nand backup, an slc backup, otp.bin backup and I also hid the icon far to the right of the menu and dumped it in a directory called "stay out".

Even if it gets messed up I have a 25 dollar teensy and know how to fix it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc is safe as long as u follow instructions. however, I do understand not using it if u have other people who play your wii u. I've been using it for about six months now. funny thing is that all the games I do play on the system were legitimate purchases, so I don't really even need cfw, but I have it in case I need it. :P

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have a question about Haxchi/CBHC, cause it seems to get interesting for me. Do i have to buy a game in the Nntendo eShop? Or can i simply download it via JNUSTool and install it via WUPInstaller using the browser method?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about Haxchi/CBHC, cause it seems to get interesting for me. Do i have to buy a game in the Nntendo eShop? Or can i simply download it via JNUSTool and install it via WUPInstaller using the browser method?

u need to buy a game from the eshop. it either won't work (haxchi) or u'll brick (cbhc) if u download a game and use that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason is that the signatures haven't been patched. without patched signatures, the system won't recognize a fake ticket. u need a fake ticket since it's a downloadable game. with a legit ticket, the hack will work since it doesn't need sigs patched to run.

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fair enough. That's why I have a nand backup, an slc backup, otp.bin backup and I also hid the icon far to the right of the menu and dumped it in a directory called "stay out".

Even if it gets messed up I have a 25 dollar teensy and know how to fix it
That's the way but moving the cbhc icon away from mainscrean has nothing to do with safety clicking it won't brick the console it just will end in a blackscreen and needs a hardreset

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mine in the homebrew apps folder. it still has the redNAND icon since I copied the game over. the usb version seems to take priority here since that's what happened when I installed cbhc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought it was already in the first post, but it wasn't clearly said.
it was just said to get the game from eShop without explaining why and that it will brick.

I added the warning in the FAQ - Brick prevention section. not sure it's enough at the end of the guide, it might be better at the top. at least, it's now clearly written on first post.

edit:
I added it in CBHC installation section too :)

Last edited by Cyan,

pnou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be sure:

For the moment, I'm using Loadiine and Mocha CFW (I followed this guide: https://wiiu.guide/). I now want to use Haxchi. Do I need to clean my Wii U in some way (like removing Mocha) before installing Haxchi?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure:

For the moment, I'm using Loadiine and Mocha CFW (I followed this guide: https://wiiu.guide/). I now want to use Haxchi. Do I need to clean my Wii U in some way (like removing Mocha) before installing Haxchi?

no. you're loading mocha from the hbl through browserhax, right? u just need to buy an exploitable game (DS game like brain age), then run the installer. it's as simple as that. use nnu patcher to access the eshop without updating. I put buy in bold, because it must be purchased, not installed with a fake ticket.

pnou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no. you're loading mocha from the hbl through browserhax, right?

Yep.

u just need to buy an exploitable game (DS game like brain age), then run the installer. it's as simple as that. use nnu patcher to access the eshop without updating. I put buy in bold, because it must be purchased, not installed with a fake ticket.

OK. Great. Thanks.

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I still a little confuse on how to update old haxchi without browser exploit.

To go to HBL I need to go to haxchi first, so if I replace old haxchi files with new haxchi files in sdcard
and then turn the wii U on, will going to HBL via haxchi still works? even though all files are from new haxchi
and haven't been install yet?

Or is it that when I click haxchi with B pressed, it bypass haxchi fully and launch HBL alone? then I can take sdcard while HBL is running, put new haxchi files in and install?

Yep I am that Noob!!

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I still a little confuse on how to update old haxchi without browser exploit.

To go to HBL I need to go to haxchi first, so if I replace old haxchi files with new haxchi files in sdcard
and then turn the wii U on, will going to HBL via haxchi still works? even though all files are from new haxchi
and haven't been install yet?

Or is it that when I click haxchi with B pressed, it bypass haxchi fully and launch HBL alone? then I can take sdcard while HBL is running, put new haxchi files in and install?

Yep I am that Noob!!
Just run hbl from haxchi, run the haxchi installer, and you're done

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot :)

I was confused on the part that if I replace old haxchi files in sdcard with new ones
how could I run haxchi if it's files where replaced and not installed yet!

Last edited by Angelita Perez,

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally updated haxchi to latest version thanks for the info C0mm4nd_ and super thanks to Kafluke for the detailed
explanation.

I have couple more questions:

1. Do we need to have haxchi installer showing in HBL after the latest is installed? (don't think will be update it again). kids can accidental click it, in other words can we delete the haxchi install files in sdcard since it's already installed into a game? so it doesn't show the installer in HBL!!

2. To use wupinstaller, (I don't have usb hd yet) I just need to put the folder in apps and it will show up in HBL, that is it?

3. How do I add homebrew app store in HBL, when I go to HBL I only have loadiine and haxchi installer! Do I need an actual
homebrew launcher icon in there too? what else do I need?

Note: I took so long to do all this and never get away from loadiine because we don't do anything online and so far
all the games the kids play runs fine. Never saw slow down or any single problem with all the games they play with loadiine. (way better than to change all these games disks with kids) "of course I didn't dare to try the new zelda with that method" :)

Thanks!

Last edited by Angelita Perez,

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Finally updated haxchi to latest version thanks for the info C0mm4nd_ and super thanks to Kafluke for the detailed
explanation.

I have couple more questions:

1. Do we need to have haxchi installer showing in HBL after the latest is installed? (don't think will be update it again). kids can accidental click it, in other words can we delete the haxchi install files in sdcard since it's already installed into a game? so it doesn't show the installer in HBL!!

2. To use wupinstaller, (I don't have usb hd yet) I just need to put the folder in apps and it will show up in HBL, that is it?

3. How do I add homebrew app store in HBL, when I go to HBL I only have loadiine and haxchi installer! Do I need an actual
homebrew launcher icon in there too? what else do I need?

Note: I took so long to do all this and never get away from loadiine because we don't do anything online and so far
all the games the kids play runs fine. Never saw slow down or any single problem with all the games they play with loadiine. (way better than to change all these games disks with kids) "of course I didn't dare to try the new zelda with that method" :)

Thanks!
1. No
2. Yes
3. You can just download the Homebrew Appstore and from there you can download every app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr