Hacking What is demonstration mode for?

DarkSM728

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im new at this and im looking for a way to hack my ps3, the only thing i found that it worked was that demonstration thing and i cant install pkg files on it, is there a way to do so on a virgin ps3 firmware 4.55?

D

Deleted User

What model of PS3 is it? If it's on 4.55 you pretty much can't do anything with it without a flasher. (and that's only if it's a 2501 and lower) ODE is currently blocked in 4.60.

D

Deleted User

The only way to install CFW on it is to be on 3.55 OFW or lower. If you're on anything 3.56+ you will need to use an E3 flasher/Progskeet to downgrade the firmware.

If it's truly a 2001, it's always hackable as in you can flash the firmware down to 3.55 with hardware mods. To install the CFW though, the system has to be on 3.55 or lower.

Reactions: DarkSM728

DarkSM728

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to install CFW on it is to be on 3.55 OFW or lower. If you're on anything 3.56+ you will need to use an E3 flasher/Progskeet to downgrade the firmware.

If it's truly a 2001, it's always hackable as in you can flash the firmware down to 3.55 with hardware mods. To install the CFW though, the system has to be on 3.55 or lower.

Oh alright thanks, is there any tutorial for that?

D

Deleted User

Best tutorial I've found is:
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=33989

BTW, it requires opening the PS3. Is not a soft-mod. Not for the faint of heart or if you don't undestand what you're doing. You can brick your system if done incorrectly.

If you're not comfortable buying the equipment or doing it yourself, check your local craigslist/ebay.

Reactions: DarkSM728

DarkSM728

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best tutorial I've found is:
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=33989

BTW, it requires opening the PS3. Is not a soft-mod. Not for the faint of heart or if you don't undestand what you're doing. You can brick your system if done incorrectly.

If you're not comfortable buying the equipment or doing it yourself, check your local craigslist/ebay.

dammit lol its tough, if u say that that's the best tutorial that means there ain't no easy way right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night