Hacking What Homebrews do you desire to see?

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
SNES、Genesis, TG16, and all the other console emulators but, playable on the gamepad as well. That’d be sweet~:)

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have too much to desire for Wii U homebrew. I admit I like the Wii more, if anything just because of the simplicity and that it has a 240p video mode that looks amazing on CRTs.

But, if I do, I'd like a program for ripping assets from games. Currently that's impossible (except for f0f...), and that capability would really help me out.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a lot more than the Wii offers really! Gamepad button support in vWii would do me nicely, but as that's not looking likely.... since we've got extra horsepower & memory, and using Retroarch as an example, I'd love to see the bigger Neo Geo games working, ditto bigger Final Burn Alpha, and ~full speed GBA. At the risk of sounding a bit cheeky, improved N64 & PS1 emulation would be fantastic, and maybe a bit of (OLDER!!) Mame too - why not ehh!

DS/3DS? Personally I'd love to see Nintendo themselves release this, but if that's not to be, then yeah a DS emu would be great. Don't like the idea of 3DS though as that's a bit too naughty in my opinion, and thankfully 3DS emulation is most likely a step too far for the Wii U anyway.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the obvious (usb loaders, emulators, cheat codes (for single player games, don't get your panties in a twist)) I'd like it if there was some sort of homebrew hack to allow you to use a PS3 controller as a Wii U Pro Controller in Wii U games, similar to how you can use it for GC games in Devolution. The Pro Controller is nice and all, but I still prefer a DualShock3 to it.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets be honest: every emulator would be great with the Wii U gamepad! I used to play SNES/NES/GBA on my ipad with wii-Classic controller pro support. But to get that sceen+controller in one device would be awesome!
and since there is no real PSX/N64 emulator for iPad, I am really looking forward to the Wii U homebrew scene. Will continue buying games as I did before. Gotta support the companies you love.
I think piracy is just a silly excuse by the groups not to release anything. look at the Wii. did it sell bad? was piracy a big deal for third parties? no and no! so what are they complaining about?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see something that emulates the Wii U's gamepad, then serves that data to a smart phone, which serves it back to a gamepad far away from the wii u. That way you could stream games without bringing along your Wii U.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You really think 3G or 4G is fast enough to stream it's video without latency?
Besides that, it would cost a fortune in bandwith.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about Linux (I run it on my main computer and my network drive, not sure why I'd want to run it on a games console), but I would be impressed if someone got it up and running. Some kind of DLNA media player would be nice, the PS3 doesn't support enough formats and it would be nice to be able to use the Wii U for that. I'd also like to see some emulators that let you write scripts to control the GamePad's behaviour. Simple image rendering, perhaps using HTML 5/JavaScript, memory hooks, probing and such. Then you can have a second screen for old games too. I just think that would be cool.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Another thing I'd like to see: 2 Wii U gamepads being tied to one console. Just an idea, I can't imagine how hard it would be to accomplish.

flouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC to gamepad communication and control, touch controls of course. Hearthstone streamed to the Gamepad sounds really awesome!

Also, that android idea is very cool! And it is good to see a PPC port already sort of exists!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Another thing I'd like to see: 2 Wii U gamepads being tied to one console. Just an idea, I can't imagine how hard it would be to accomplish.
The normal Wii OS can already do that, supposedly, as long as you can get your hands on a second gamepad. (even then, though, the only games that can actually take advantage of it are in Japanese ATM.

This give me another idea, though (kind of an amendment to my previous ideas):
Have 3 Wii titles running at the same time, one on each core, one on the TV and one on each of the gamepads.
(2 Wiiware games and a disk based game, of course. This wouldn't necessarily just be an extension of piracy ;) )

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
The normal Wii OS can already do that, supposedly, as long as you can get your hands on a second gamepad. (even then, though, the only games that can actually take advantage of it are in Japanese ATM.

This give me another idea, though (kind of an amendment to my previous ideas):
Have 3 Wii titles running at the same time, one on each core, one on the TV and one on each of the gamepads.
(2 Wiiware games and a disk based game, of course. This wouldn't necessarily just be an extension of piracy ;) )

Sounds like a bit of a stretch. I can't see three games fighting over the same NAND access working out well :P

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to see someone make a WiiU into a handheld like they did with N64,Gc etc on youtube I desperately want to play my WiiU on the go I could honestly careless about bulk oh well I can dream right :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night