What happens after GANON? [SPOILERS] [BOTW]

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by PotatisKnug, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Basically when you play the game, you defeat ganon only after you completed the main quest, find all memories, defeat the 4 divine beast (insert something else here if i forgot it) then kill ganon, that is the order. But the game being the open world that it is, you can defeat ganon as soon as you get the paraglider and able to reach hyrule castle. Trust me, the story is not worth it, just have fun.

rileysrjay likes this.
  2. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    For the life of me, I don't get why people don't like Zelda games for the story part at all.
    I've played most of them and the story, though not exactly among the best in video game history, is still pretty good.
    And all those whining about the story don't end up finishing the game fully thus rendering their own reason to play -game mechanics, puzzles and such- moot.

It's may not be the best in the series but improved on many aspects in a fun way.
    And I'm currently bothering myself with Korok seeds and nearly finished.

3. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    The end was kind of "meh" tbh. BOTW in my view was all about the journey. The ending was something which i felt was sacrificed in order to bring us a true open world zelda game. I personally would have loved to have Zelda as a companion post game and to remove Gannon and his mist from above Hyrule Castle(oh and if they had removed Ganon then a short time-skip post game would have been awesome too since imagine Hyrule castle as it originally was. It hands down would have been the biggest locale in the game and woulda made the game a lot more awesome post game wise)

Not to mention, more background on all 4 champions but that probably will be done via the 2nd DLC that is out this winter.

rileysrjay likes this.
  4. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States

rileysrjay and Abu_Senpai like this.
  5. PotatisKnug
    OP

PotatisKnug GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2017
    Sweden
    In a dark cave
    Huh? explain / give me a video

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update, i have beaten Vah Rudania and Vah Ruta! Only two left. Anyone got any tips for Vah Naboris? The ninja cave thingamajigg is kinda hard. What is their weakness? They've got so many hitpoints even with bomb arrows. Rupees is not a problem. (14k thereabouts) What do i need?

6. Super.Nova

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    If you haven't beaten the 4 Devine Beasts, you'll have to face their bosses before fighting Calamity Ganon.
    If you did, you'll only fight him with half his health bar.

I have zero idea what you mean by the Ninja thing.

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  7. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Your supposed to stealth past them. That is the hardest part of BOTW tbh

Edit: I used the advice from this to get past them

https://www.polygon.com/zelda-breat...hideout-stealth-path-treasure-gems-boss-fight

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

he means the Yiga clan ninjas at their hideout. When you go to take on their leader you encounter some high ATK ninjas!

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Sep 9, 2017
  8. PotatisKnug
    OP

Jul 30, 2017
    Sweden
    In a dark cave
    First of all, You're
    OT: I did finish the first room by alerting the guards (which are really heavily armoured..) and the second guard in the second room was infront of the exit. We'll see how it goes.
    In the game: I'm about to cook up some durian and head over to Vah Medoh.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  9. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I am what?

Oh And be careful the 3rd area has a crap ton of heavy armor guards that cannot be taken out through conventional means. At least not easily, so definately sneak past them. Oh and if i remember your supposed to use the Bananas to lure them in and slip past them

10. PotatisKnug
    OP

Jul 30, 2017
    Sweden
    In a dark cave
    No, i corrected your grammar.
    You said "your" and i said "you're".

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  11. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Oh snap. It was supposed to originally be "You are" lol my bad.
    Thanks for that and with that said and done, it is time for me to get some shut eye.

12. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Please play Ocarina of Time. BotW is a good game, but its NOTHING like other Zelda games. OoT has a good story, too. Arguably the best.

13. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Update, i have beaten Vah Rudania and Vah Ruta! Only two left. Anyone got any tips for Vah Naboris? The ninja cave thingamajigg is kinda hard. What is their weakness? They've got so many hitpoints even with bomb arrows. Rupees is not a problem. (14k thereabouts) What do i need?[/QUOTE]
    Always aim for the head, just like in shooting games, the head is always critical hit. Use a bow or any projectile to do so. It also stuns so is a free hit.

Do your best, oh wait you want actual help okay. :P

Tips and tricks

14. Super.Nova

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    You can easily finish the entire clan part of the story without alerting a single guard if you have upgraded the Sheikah cloths (the one looking like black Ninja).
    They reduce your sound waves enough to walk freely (not dash!) past them without noticing.

P.S.: works on all enemies in case you didn't notice.
    They're my favorite outfit ^_^

EDIT: in case you're a completionist, remember to take pictures of everything including the boss.
    Pictures are vital for a %100 save game to relocate needed items and for the pictures themselves!

Last edited by Super.Nova, Sep 9, 2017 - Reason: Additional info
    MadMageKefka likes this.
  15. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    My favorite outfit is the one that makes link look like LINK FROM LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES. :creep:

I also like zora link, i can make his clothes red or gold, and now he is golden fish. :P

I also like the radiant clothes, it glows in the dark and make link look like a wrestler. If you put the hylian hood on him, he looks like batman. :ninja:

16. Super.Nova

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I actually never bothered to dye any of my gear.
    I REALLY like Dark Link gears but their defense is WAY unappealing to wear!
    I still use them to spook the hell out of people :P

And you could FINALLY have a silent Batman for once!

17. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Your batman is nothing without the cape (which the hylian hood is the only one in the game) :ninja:

18. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    If he has a 3ds he should get oot, a link between worlds and a link to the past. But I dunno if op has a n3ds or even 3ds so he can play those. Anyways those are my top three non botw (botw is #1 for me overall) Zelda games that I've played so far.

19. ZoneBlaze

ZoneBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2014
    United States
    Horizon Zero Dawn(I think) has an ending screen that explains this. Basically, even though you've defeated Ganon(End boss), you're put back into the world as if though you haven't. This is so you may complete sidequests, continue exploring and collecting, etc. Besides, there are two different endings depending on whether or not you collected the memories before fighting him. Some may want to finish collecting memories and fight him again to see the other ending.

rileysrjay and MadMageKefka like this.
  20. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Have you never played a video game before?