Gaming What happened to Ds-Scene? Where to get updated scene release lists?

BrokenHearted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that DS-Scene has not updated the 3DS release list since around the time Fantasy Life came out in Europe, which was in September. I thought it was merely due to a drought in 3DS games being released but now, even with big titles, DS-Scene has not updated the 3DS scene release list. They did however update their site when Zelda Majora's Mask was announced, so I know the site is not dead.

I would ask on their forums but the forums appear dead, and I wouldn't know where to post the question anyway. What other site has a good 3DS scene release list that is still regularly updated? I found a site but not sure how good it is. Not sure I can link to it so I won't but I do regret ds-scene.

Anybody know what happened?

Edit: Shoot, meant to post in the 3DS subforum...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've noticed that DS-Scene has not updated the 3DS release list since around the time Fantasy Life came out in Europe, which was in September. I thought it was merely due to a drought in 3DS games being released but now, even with big titles, DS-Scene has not updated the 3DS scene release list. They did however update their site when Zelda Majora's Mask was announced, so I know the site is not dead.

I would ask on their forums but the forums appear dead, and I wouldn't know where to post the question anyway. What other site has a good 3DS scene release list that is still regularly updated? I found a site but not sure how good it is. Not sure I can link to it so I won't but I do regret ds-scene.

Anybody know what happened?

Edit: Shoot, meant to post in the 3DS subforum...
http://3ds.essh.co
http://rom-news.org/3ds
The bottom one is normally faster but the top one has more info. I like to use both.

dude1709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Too bad. Their DS-Scene Rom Tool is still very good. A statement from the site owner would be nice. What happened?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DS-Scene has only ever been the place where banned GBAtemp members of the past flocked to still be some part of the DS scene. I'm a little surprised they survived the transition period between the end of the DS scene and the beginnings of the 3DS scene. The site was always slow with forum movement, and they were hardly the first to update their release list. It honestly wouldn't be a big loss if it went down for good, though I'm sure its current 403 status is temporary.

ChromaRay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This came at an unfortunate time. Is there any way to update the DS Scene ROM Tool without access to their database?

I'm trying to patch Pokemon White 2 version using this tutorial here on GBATEMP (https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-black-white-2-e-u-ap-thread.335210/), but without the ability to update the tool it isn't allowing me to do much at all.
I'd ask if it were possible for someone to upload the updated version of the tool somewhere but I imagine it's not a good idea without the creator's consent

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This came at an unfortunate time. Is there any way to update the DS Scene ROM Tool without access to their database?

I'm trying to patch Pokemon White 2 version using this tutorial here on GBATEMP (https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-black-white-2-e-u-ap-thread.335210/), but without the ability to update the tool it isn't allowing me to do much at all.
I'd ask if it were possible for someone to upload the updated version of the tool somewhere but I imagine it's not a good idea without the creator's consent
You would be better off just buying a flash cart that can play the games unpatched, really. Even my $2 R4 card can play everything unpatched just fine, and all flash carts from the past few years that have released should have 100% DS game compatibility with no AP issues to speak of. DS antipiracy is an issue long since solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China