Gaming what games would you like to see on the DS?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i saw some guy say NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon, you'Re the man!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Those games are destined to be played with stylus and I really don't understand Sega's strategy these days
wacko.gif

VomitOnLino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i saw some guy say NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon, you'Re the man!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Those games are destined to be played with stylus and I really don't understand Sega's strategy these days
wacko.gif
Yes plus the DS is slightly more powerful than the saturn - so it's perfect for a port - but for whatever reason they don't see that.
Maybe they'll notice it one day. Lots and lots of the older gamers would be grateful.

Also for the games of the 8 and 16bit era we can use homebrewn emulators one day, so I hope...

phil2dot6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several genres of games that unfortunately are under-represented (or don't exist) on the DS. I'd love to see more strategy games. Whether it be real-time base building or something real-time tactical (a la Sid Meier's Gettysburg! or Close Combat), I think the touch screen can be utilized effectively there. It could also use some more turn based strategy that isn't tactical, like Age of Empires or Advanced Wars, but rather something like Civilization or Populous.
/end_rant

I second the Civ franchise...

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not sure if anyone said it but after 4 pages it better have been mentioned...
Contra...
Nuff said

Exicte Bike,
Punchout,
and skate or die would all be nice

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would kill for Red Alert on the ds, wifi, man. I really want to play Cave Story on a handheld some day. Goldeneye 64 was and still is the best FPS ever made, why isn't it on the DS? Wifi with that would just own everything else. I wouldn't stop playing that. North and South online too.. christ, I think I would crap myself. And it makes me really wonder why there aren't any real RTSes on the DS, I mean, come on, it's perfect. I don't know if anyone else has played this game, but Eliminator Boat Duel with updated graphics and wifi play would pwn. I pray to god that the Wii has it's backwards compatability on wifi, cause that would give me the fix I need for all my old school games that I want to find other really kick ass players at. And where's Dr. Mario? And Dr. Xlax? SSB?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
A port of Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) with happy-fun-good FF3 DS graphics with a new chapter or two + wifi VS mode/downloads + Wii interaction for a new Final Fantasy Tactics Wii.

Super Mario RPG that isn't Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi.

FF6 not ported to the GBA but updated and remade for the DS. If not, Chrono Trigger remake...

Fallout DS or something set in a post-nuclear world.

A customizable mech game that isn't cutesy (similar to Armored Core) with online VS.

A Virtual Console card with a memory cartridge type thing that allows you to send Virtual Console games from the Wii to the DS. Mmmm SNES.

Ouendan 2. (being different from EBA)

Orc the Game DS.

VomitOnLino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Motherfucking Descent - nuff said!

descentfr0.jpg

Plus the sourcecode of Descent 1 is freely aviable - someone port it already...

http://www.descent2.com/ddn/sources/descent1/

If a developer would pick this up and the reviews would be okay it would be an ista-pick up title for me - to add to my growing collection of original cartridges - just like New Super Mario, Mariokart, Advance wars, Mr.Driller, Meteos, Ouendan ... etc

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I second some strat (but not RTS) games like SimCity, Civ, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Tropico, etc. SimHospital was a ton of fun. These games would be perfect for the dual screen environment and the touchscreen.

Other games I'd like to see, but most probably never will:
* Nethack
smile.gif

* Real four player mahjong (not the tile matching game). This would rock with friends, especially over the internet
* Like the other guy said, Fallout style post-nuclear RPG (Wasteland would be even better!).
* A _good_ tennis game that does not involve MARIO! Sheesh.

Oh well, I guess the secret's out - I'm an old fogie!
J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1