What games do you like/dislike that others tend to dislike/like? Why?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. It's a very popular game but I found it incredibly dull and boring.

JRPGs. I never got the hang of them.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hate:
Pokemon
Competitive multiplayer games (git gud, right? NO)
Catherine (I don't know why people don't hate this shit)
Main Mario games (well, actually hating is not the right word, they just tend to bore me)

Like:
Trauma series
FFXV (seems to be hated here, and I have a love-hate relationship with it, but oh well)
FF5 (best underrated game in the series)
Twilight Princess (I loved this game when it came out, even today I see many people considering it the worst Zelda ever)

(more to come...)

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. It's a very popular game but I found it incredibly dull and boring.

JRPGs. I never got the hang of them.

i dislike Novel'ish games, i find it hard to get into them, but my dude ,there are some great JRPG's out there !

i like/love the majority of JRPG's ,some are horrid though.
not all of them are good, i like Wrpg's too, i love the witcher 3.

games i dislike are the overhyped ones and that dont live up to the hype, i do not know what to mention atm.

there are not that many games i dislike, but there are times where i try my best to get into a game and it just does not tick to me, does not push me into going deeper into the game (sadly there are quite alot of such games, again i cannot mention that much..)

but i would like to recommend a game to all ya gamers out there, it is a very underrated game i guess.

it is called kuru kuru kururin (i believe only the first title on gba is in english , the 2nd game on gba is japanese only, i love the series, which is sadly short, there are only 3 kururin games).

the best one to me is the NGC version, it is called Kururin Squash , if you have not yet tried it i would recommend you to do it now.
it is simple and alot of fun, plus the music in it is Heavenly (especially the NGC one, Kururin Squash).

give it a whirl if you have not yet.

happy gaming !

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I consider myself somewhat of a fan of visual novels, and I found 999 to be pretty boring.

Twilight Princess (I loved this game when it came out, even today I see many people considering it the worst Zelda ever)
Weird, my experience has been the exact opposite. I consider TP to be one of the worst Zelda titles, but have actually only met one or two people who agree with me. To be honest, excluding the Wii version, I've seen virtually nothing but praise for TP.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
RTS/MMO/FFTactics/Fire Emblem games bore me to death.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I consider myself somewhat of a fan of visual novels, and I found 999 to be pretty boring.

Weird, my experience has been the exact opposite. I consider TP to be one of the worst Zelda titles, but have actually only met one or two people who agree with me. To be honest, excluding the Wii version, I've seen virtually nothing but praise for TP.
The Wii version is actually my favorite, it's the one I bought at Wii's Launch. Sucks that the world was mirrored, because it's the one I've gotten used to, so I find the GameCube and TP HD versions to be "backwards", LOL.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Wii version is actually my favorite, it's the one I bought at Wii's Launch. Sucks that the world was mirrored, because it's the one I've gotten used to, so I find the GameCube and TP HD versions to be "backwards", LOL.
I understand that. I honestly don't really mind the Wii controls/changes that much at all. At any rate, I dislike both versions equally :^)

RTS/MMO/FFTactics/Fire Emblem games bore me to death.
With RTS, some I find boring, others are some of my favourite games of all time, but tactics/turn-based strategy games bore me to death as well.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand that. I honestly don't really mind the Wii controls/changes that much at all. At any rate, I dislike both versions equally :^)

With RTS, some bore me, others are some of my favourite games of all time, but tactics/turn-based strategy games bore me to death as well.
Turn-based RPG/JRPG really gets me going though, I love being able to take my time to plan out several moves in my head. I dislike battle systems like FF8 used, where if you took your time, the enemy would just keep hitting you. It's really unfair. Golden Sun made me appreciate turn-based RPGs, but it had a flaw in the battle system that drove me up the wall. Lets say you had two enemies on screen, and two in your party. Both of your party members were focused on the same enemy. Well your first party member would strike and kill, so instead of the game being smart enough and moving your attack to the other enemy, it would just strike at the empty space, wasting your turn. Pissed me off to no end. That's my only gripe with the Golden Sun series. Highly recommended games, all 3 of them.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Turn-based RPG/JRPG really gets me going though, I love being able to take my time to plan out several moves in my head. I dislike battle systems like FF8 used, where if you took your time, the enemy would just keep hitting you. It's really unfair. Golden Sun made me appreciate turn-based RPGs, but it had a flaw in the battle system that drove me up the wall. Lets say you had two enemies on screen, and two in your party. Both of your party members were focused on the same enemy. Well your first party member would strike and kill, so instead of the game being smart enough and moving your attack to the other enemy, it would just strike at the empty space, wasting your turn. Pissed me off to no end. That's my only gripe with the Golden Sun series. Highly recommended games, all 3 of them.
Same here with JRPGs. I got into them with Secret of Evermore and Illusion of Time/Gaia.

I've never really played Golden Sun; I only recently tried it out and sadly couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Actually on-topic thing I dislike that others tend to like: The Gameboy Advance. The only game I would consider truly excellent on it would be Metroid Fusion (and Mother 3).

I cant fucking stand Overwatch
Neither. I'm just generally not a fan of shoot games (or online multiplayer).

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh... I forgot that Twilight Princess is often considered one of the worst TLoZ, but I love it (and Spirit Tracks too btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.