Hacking Question What game/feature will make you update?

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
80-60 each? though people buy both for that price
80 for the blue one,60 for the red.the neons are rare to get here in states and people buy them for this price to complete the (Red/Blue)set they got
When i sold them even grey ones were oos,so that's not a guaranteed price.

Reactions: crow132

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
80 for the blue one,60 for the red.the neons are rare to get here in states and people buy them for this price to complete the (Red/Blue)set they got
When i sold them even grey ones were oos,so that's not a guaranteed price.
Thank u, i also have neons so ill see what i can do

HotShotAzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank u, i also have neons so ill see what i can do

Quick look on ebay shows the "trending" price for new Neon Joy Cons are $85. Used may go less than that. alepman90 may have gotten lucky. But still $85 for Joy Cons + $70 for dock kit puts tablet only Switch at half off.

My market is like the opposite of every other city. I usually see one or two Switch in the case when I go to a store. Scalpers are selling BNIB Switches for retail + tax. Colored Joy Cons are usually in stock.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I already updated for Splatoon 2, I'll probably update again for it, and if I don't, then when Super Mario Odyssey comes out I guess.
I think Nintendo will make sure Super Mario Odyseey comes with v3.01 update packed as standard. It would make a very sensible move from there point of view to kill of any sort of homebrew/piracy chances. Its a huge chance for Nintendo to nip this in the bud while they can and lets face facts, who's not going to update there Switch so not to be able to play it! you would be mad too in my opinion :wacko:

Last edited by Reecey,

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some form of virtual console system could do it for me, especially if it has a good game lineup at launch. The Switch would be perfect for playing retro games on the go.

Sure I have other handhelds that can run emulators and/or VC, but nothing with the screen size and form factor of the Switch...

Reactions: CatmanFan
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to keep updating. I know there won't be any significant progress for another year or two at least, and I'd rather just update now to play newer games and then buy another Switch later if CFW is worth it. I want to keep playing Splatoon 2, and there are big games on the horizon, like Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Plus, the Switch is clearly missing a lot of features, such as video streaming, and has a lot of new features in the works, such as a more robust online mode. For that reason alone, I don't think it's worth not updating right now.

Reactions: CatmanFan

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick look on ebay shows the "trending" price for new Neon Joy Cons are $85. Used may go less than that. alepman90 may have gotten lucky. But still $85 for Joy Cons + $70 for dock kit puts tablet only Switch at half off.

My market is like the opposite of every other city. I usually see one or two Switch in the case when I go to a store. Scalpers are selling BNIB Switches for retail + tax. Colored Joy Cons are usually in stock.
the joycons set that comes with switch is the opposite colors than the standalone ones that why they are more valuable,esp the blue one.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Some form of virtual console system could do it for me, especially if it has a good game lineup at launch. The Switch would be perfect for playing retro games on the go.

Sure I have other handhelds that can run emulators and/or VC, but nothing with the screen size and form factor of the Switch...
It's been five months...

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Punch-Out
A new zelda game, a internet browser because it might be easier to find an exploit
Mario odissey too

The Switch has had an internet browser since 2.0.0. It just not launchable as a user app. If it had a browser app it would make an exploit slightly easier for the user to launch. It might make it easier to find exploits. Although since devs can use smhax to access services and register arbitrary ones they probably have a better way of opening the URLs than using DNS to redirect Nintendo's connection test page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm just going to keep updating. I know there won't be any significant progress for another year or two at least, and I'd rather just update now to play newer games and then buy another Switch later if CFW is worth it. I want to keep playing Splatoon 2, and there are big games on the horizon, like Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Plus, the Switch is clearly missing a lot of features, such as video streaming, and has a lot of new features in the works, such as a more robust online mode. For that reason alone, I don't think it's worth not updating right now.

There has been significant progress and there will continue to be significant progress. I don't see why we won't see rapid progress thanks to smhax. It sounds like playing backups will take some time though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

My interest on video gaming has been falling so I don't care much, it's on auto-update. If there was a reason to, heck, I'd say Sonic Mania is good enough of a reason. :)

Sonic Mania is the best Sonic game ever developed and Sonic Forces (basically Sonic Gens 2) won't even top it either but I'm disappointed it didn't get a physical release, this game is a complete masterpiece in itself and I just can't praise it enough. It's weird that SEGA actually released not a good but a GREAT Sonic game. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho