Hardware What FW can I expect to have if I bought a (New) OldN3DS From an official resaler? (Gamestop)

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just told you before that you need to change the extension to .3dz though. If you don't, GW won't read the header and you won't be able to use the rom online...
A simple rename shouldn't take more time on a 2 GB file would it? I'd like to do it now while I have a small amount of time. But I need to be up early in the morning.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A simple rename shouldn't take more time on a 2 GB file would it? I'd like to do it now while I have a small amount of time. But I need to be up early in the morning.

All you need to do is put the SD card in your computer, select that rom, choose option to rename file, change the extension from .3ds to .3dz and it's done.
It's as simply as changing a word from "3ds" to "3dz".

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All you need to do is put the SD card in your computer, select that rom, choose option to rename file, change the extension from .3ds to .3dz and it's done.
It's as simply as changing a word from "3ds" to "3dz".
I thought it would decrypt and rencrypt it.
But as I only buy eShop games, i'm looking online for real 3ds rom files to replace the ones i've lost. So maybe this will help me for some of my other games. Thanks.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I thought it would decrypt and rencrypt it.
But as I only buy eShop games, i'm looking online for real 3ds rom files to replace the ones i've lost. So maybe this will help me for some of my other games. Thanks.

In this case, since it was a dump from a cartridge you actually own, it already comes with the header included and that's why all you need to do is change the extension to .3dz.

But keep in mind that roms downloaded online often come in .3ds format (with no header) and you need to inject your own private header into it aside from also changing the extension to .3dz.
You may also find roms online already in .3dz format with an header included but do not use those or change the header to your own private header since using public headers (used by more than 1 person) will get you banned.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
In this case, since it was a dump from a cartridge you actually own, it already comes with the header included and that's why all you need to do is change the extension to .3dz.

But keep in mind that roms downloaded online often come in .3ds format (with no header) and you need to inject your own private header into it aside from also changing the extension to .3dz.
You may also find roms online already in .3dz format with an header included but do not use those or change the header to your own private header since using public headers (used by more than 1 person) will get you banned.
What do you mean " banned " ? As in no more online gameplay or system gets bricked...?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you mean " banned " ? As in no more online gameplay or system gets bricked...?
As in no more online features in the console (online play, friends list, etc) temporarily.
Basically, Nintendo detects you're using a public one and bans your console.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As in no more online features in the console (online play, friends list, etc) temporarily.
Basically, Nintendo detects you're using a public one and bans your console.
So, if I gave my now unused Smash game card to someone, and they play online, I will be banned for using the duplicate heading card?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, if I gave my now unused Smash game card to someone, and they play online, I will be banned for using the duplicate heading card?

If the header you're using in the roms is from that game and if by some coincidence someone is playing that Smash game and you're playing one of the roms with the same header, then yeah, that's a clear red flag that will most likely get you banned.
A private header is only private if only you have it. If someone else has it, it's not longer private or safe.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You may need to alter the manufacturer on select games but yes any game will work so search cragslist and game stop
I will look at it. I'll need help from someone or something on modifying the header from manufacturers and stuff. I'm learning a lot lately on the 3ds scene.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
There's guides in the guide section. I think rompatcher does it for you, well I have never had a problem with my game online.

If you're paranoid try to find a unopened game and if you're ultra paranoid pick an online enabled game (I use face racers)

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I already have all the necessary things and I have modded it, thanks to these kind people. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's guides in the guide section. I think rompatcher does it for you, well I have never had a problem with my game online.

If you're paranoid try to find a unopened game and if you're ultra paranoid pick an online enabled game (I use face racers)
Same issue with renting a game then dumping it, and renaming it to .3dz...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended