Hacking What flashcart to buy?

Poster111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help deciding what flashcart to buy ...

Primarily want to play 3ds games. But would be nice to play ds too.

Currently on version 9.9.0-26u but my 3ds keeps telling me a new update is ready to be installed. Would be nice to have one that works past 9.9

I have a 3ds xl

Thanks for the help

Poster111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my thoughts after reading several posts. But, it looked like R4i was posting that they were compatible with higher versions of firmware. This is why I checked :)

Thanks

Poster111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that clarifies things a bunch ...

So Sky3ds will play 3ds AND DS games on versions past 9.9 ... Will Sky3ds play DS games as well?
R4I will play DS games (NOt 3DS) and is capable of doing this on all versions?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So Sky3ds will play 3ds AND DS games on versions past 9.9 ... Will Sky3ds play DS games as well?
r4i support 9.9.
sky3ds is a 3ds flash card, play 3ds game only...
u should treat sky as a multi rom real cartridge. so basically it's loading rom and acting like a genuine cartridge. (that means no cheat function ITSELF, no modified rom, etc.. )
hope u understand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sky is like the really old ds flash card... all the hack and proof are done by the card itself.
btw, sky is hard to use, I mean understand how it works and deal with some issues with the card by yourself.
anyway, if you want to catch one. good luck:P

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
well that you're limited above 9.2 you're gonna have to settle for Sky3DS.. But beware. Nintendo is introducing anti-piracy to their new ROMS. Happy Home Designer has it and i'm sure others will follow. Since the Sky3DS doesn't get launched with a kernel exploit, modified ROMS are a no go.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or look into QQ3ds
a sky + a r4 card sell in bundle with a bit lower price:lol:

[carsalesman] yeeaaah I got just what you need here she's sweet and almost out of the lot shes called the DSTWO *PLUS* yep. This baby can do 3DS NDS GBA and even SNES Pretty craaazzzy right? only problem is....it's not released yet so you could just settle for a gateway and a cheap NDS card...but Don't let me stop you nooope you're in control]
he is on 9.9, dude....

Poster111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I was looking for was a way to try 3ds games before buying them. I dont want cheat or modified functions anyhow. If there are games I like, I will buy the real games to support - Zelda, pokemon, mario etc.

Sounds like Sky will work for what I need.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I was looking for was a way to try 3ds games before buying them. I dont want cheat or modified functions anyhow. If there are games I like, I will buy the real games to support - Zelda, pokemon, mario etc.

Sounds like Sky will work for what I need.
yes...but be awared, u need a new cartridge game(not used one! has to be the one that u get it at the first place) to export your own header.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mean if I buy the real game after playing a ROM game?
no....
if u want to play online safely with sky, a private header is a better choice then header come with sky template file

You mean if I buy the real game after playing a ROM game?
in order to get private header. of course u need a card game that belongs to u only....

Chrisvindan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds card now is your best choice since your 3ds is 9.9.0-26u. But sky3ds can only play 3ds roms. If you want to play 3ds games and ds games, then you can coniser dstwo plus card, this is a new 3ds card released by supercard team. It is said this card can support 3ds roms, ds roms, gbs roms and snes roms. So powerful. However, this card hasn't out. The official news says that it will be relesased in October. And i also noticed the news from r4depot site that that said that "The first stock for supercard dstwo plus card is coming soon in about 10 days, we accept pre-order now. (2015-10-1)" . Seems is will arrive soon. You can consider from sky3ds card and dstwo plus card.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sky3ds card now is your best choice since your 3ds is 9.9.0-26u. But sky3ds can only play 3ds roms. If you want to play 3ds games and ds games, then you can coniser dstwo plus card, this is a new 3ds card released by supercard team. It is said this card can support 3ds roms, ds roms, gbs roms and snes roms. So powerful. However, this card hasn't out. The official news says that it will be relesased in October. And i also noticed the news from r4depot site that that said that "The first stock for supercard dstwo plus card is coming soon in about 10 days, we accept pre-order now. (2015-10-1)" . Seems is will arrive soon. You can consider from sky3ds card and dstwo plus card.
dstwo plus emulate gw, so its 3ds function should not work on sysnand beyond 9.2

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DSTWO+ is a regular DSTWO + Gateway card in one, as Gateway only supports <9.2 DSTWO+ will be the same.

Need help deciding what flashcart to buy ...

Primarily want to play 3ds games. But would be nice to play ds too.

Currently on version 9.9.0-26u but my 3ds keeps telling me a new update is ready to be installed. Would be nice to have one that works past 9.9

I have a 3ds xl

Thanks for the help

You can update from 9.9 to 10.1, nothing meaningful was patched.

R4i Gold 3DS still works for DS games on 10.1

Sky3ds works for 3DS game on 10.1

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with a QQ3ds. I just got one and the DS and 3DS carts work just fine and as expected. I'm running on a N3DS with 10.1 Just watch out as all the QQ3DS sellers are shady and you'll end up paying an extra $10 for mystery fees. Still a great deal though.

happyboy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd go with a QQ3ds. I just got one and the DS and 3DS carts work just fine and as expected. I'm running on a N3DS with 10.1 Just watch out as all the QQ3DS sellers are shady and you'll end up paying an extra $10 for mystery fees. Still a great deal though.
What's QQ3DS? new 3ds card ? how about this work for 3ds&ds games on new3dsll 10.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte