Gaming What Features Would You Like To See On The New Mario Kart?

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to be able to know how many miles per hour im going,and also when you play on wifi in mario kart ds you race with random people that you'll probably never see again,it would be cool if you could add the people that you race with as friends and also it would be cool to add new tracks,characters,ect. So What Would You Guys Like To See In The New Mario Kart?

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
I would like to be able to know how many miles per hour im going,and also when you play on wifi in mario kart ds you race with random people that you'll probably never see again,it would be cool if you could add the people that you race with as friends and also it would be cool to add new tracks,characters,ect. So What Would You Guys Like To See In The New Mario Kart?

I want to be able to make my own map and have my friend race on it. Also greater customization setting would be great.

I actually wish that it would be similar to ModNation
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14354797.html

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOS-Rens said:
This :

- track maker
- Jumping
- Team battles ( like the wii version )
- Bomb Battle
- Miles per hour / KM per hour
- able see skid marks
- New weapons like helicopter mushroom
Oh Yeah,track maker would be awsome and some new weapons would be nice too!

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SOS-Rens said:
This :

- track maker
- Jumping
- Bomb Battle
- able see skid marks
+ 1 to all of that.
I especially want the track maker. Also, why did they take out the Miles per hour gauge that was in Double Dash?

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
SOS-Rens said:
This :

- track maker
- Jumping
- Bomb Battle
- able see skid marks
+ 1 to all of that.
I especially want the track maker. Also, why did they take out the Miles per hour gauge that was in Double Dash?
What's Double Dash?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
There should be a ton of unlockable stuff in Mario Kart. When I play Mario Kart, it feels like the only thing I'm racing for is the privilege to play the standard 32 courses at higher difficulty levels, and the occasional hidden character. While this may be fine for perfectionists (as well as those who mainly play for multiplayer), I feel that the Mario Kart franchise has needs to evolve its single-player offering sooner or later. With games like Super Smash Bros., which offers an unfathomable amount of unlockable stuff, there's no reason why the Mario Kart games should be so linear in their progression in comparison.

Either that, or the game should offer more customizable aspects, like the ever-wanted track creator. Games today are offering more and more customizable options and community emphasis. Mario Kart is in the right direction with online play, but its network options could use some more flexibility.

FINALLY, I'm not fond of the new time-based drift boosts. They suck. I know it's unlikely because of snaking, but they ought to bring back the old "left-right-left-right" system.

Yes, I'm picky about Mario Kart. Mario Kart Wii didn't really add that much new to the table, and it just felt like Mario Kart DS with optional Wii controls. (Unless you call bikes and gimmicky tricks that much of an advancement...)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want 3x blue shell item
smile.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
http://xkcd.com/290/

Yeeeah, no tripple blue shells for me. Anyway, I was a big fan of Double Dash. I beat it 100%. I'm not particularly happy with the current direction of the series. One thing I miss somewhat was per-character items. Otherwise, there's really only 3 characters. Small, medium and large with different models and the same kart. Individual Karts for particular players was nice too.

D

Deleted_171835

Midna said:
That's my personal profile picture!

---
Triple blue shells is a no-no.
I would like some more variety in the courses instead of the usual Peach's Castle and Mario's Circuit. I'd like the ability to save gameplay videos and upload them using Wi-Fi so others can watch the videos and play the ghosts. The main thing is blue shells! Blue shells are a curse! They should be removed.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
They're classic, Ninty will never trash them. And speaking of that, you should be able to customize which items are on or off, like in Brawl. That way you can play without the blue shells.

Edit: Bobomb battle needs a comeback.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea one blue shell is frustrating enough. U fight so hard to get to first place, to just get hit with a blue shell right in front of the finish line
dry.gif
Imaging getting hit 3 times in a row
mellow.gif

Double dash/regular all in one 3DS would be Awesome
tongue.gif

SOS-Rens said:
This :

- track maker
- Jumping
- Bomb Battle
- able see skid marks
This would be great!!!

Helicopter mushroom, to fly over people? Awesome
tongue.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new feature I'd like to see is an honest AI put into the game. Since after the GBA release the games have become excessively cheaper and unfun with each release. Mind you I'm not so certain the Wii one was worse but the lame bikes and boring tracks did me in before I could test it. The DS game on 150cc put the AI in 1st place, you 2sec behind it, and cars 3-8 only beating on your ass to keep you there. Around that on lower levels and in other MK titles hideous rubber band AI that allows cars to get speed boosts or just to overall drive faster than they could straight away or a curve to 'keep it interesting' and crap like that is a 100% turnoff to me.

So the feature I want is a smarter AI, one that is dumb so you can learn the ropes on 50cc and one that's just damn smart, not cheap or only beat on the human car type, but one that beats on everyone more aggressively as the CC's go up. I want an honest race. I could care less about anything else, but I've become so disgusted by the series the next one probably will be the last I buy if it's more of the same as I'm fed up wasting cash on bad games.
frown.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario kart bad game ?
dry.gif

Anyway I agree on the AI, it like Super Smash bro Brawl AI on level 7-9.

I want them to be harder not all Ai's going after the 1 player(first player).
laugh.gif

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Bring snaking back.
-Bring back the blue shell glitch from MKDS.
-Allow some sort of online lobby for joining different kinds of races (50cc, 100cc, balloon battle, etc...)
-Moar retro courses.
-Only 8 racers, not 12. Mario Kart Wii was way too hectic. Hell, maybe even letting us choose how many racers per race would be nice.

That's all. I know some are highly unlikely to be implemented, but god damn it, I really hated MKWii. MKDS is the best out of all of them.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Javier78 said:
-Bring snaking back.
-Bring back the blue shell glitch from MKDS.

-Allow some sort of online lobby for joining different kinds of races (50cc, 100cc, balloon battle, etc...)
-Moar retro courses.
-Only 8 racers, not 12. Mario Kart Wii was way too hectic. Hell, maybe even letting us choose how many racers per race would be nice.

That's all. I know some are highly unlikely to be implemented, but god damn it, I really hated MKWii. MKDS is the best out of all of them.
I had to look up what you was talking , and wow! I didn't know that was possible O.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg