What exactly is neogamma? & more questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bozeefus, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009
    • Newcomer

bozeefus New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi there,

When browsing these forums, I always see people referring to Neogamma as a solution to some problems.

My question is, "What exactly is neogamma?"

In the stickies, they make note of gamma: "Wii Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3 with 002 Error Fix - Auto boot - Hold 1 after picking start to go into configuration menu - Mirror"

So it is a backup launcher. that's great but what exactly is a backup launcher? And how does it differ from a USB launcher?

Also, what exactly is the difference between gamma and neogamma?

Thank you for your help!

Hybridx24 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    ABOUT BACKUP LAUNCHERS:

A backup launcher basically allows you to play games which were burnt onto a DVD-R's. There are 2 ways to get backups, illegally, or by making your own legitimate backup by ripping a game you own onto your PC. A USB Launcher is basically the same as a Backup Launcher, except it uses a USB hard drive as opposed to a DVD.

NEOGAMMA VS. GAMMA:

NeoGamma is a GameCube & Wii Backup launcher.

Neo pretty much means new, so it is an updated and revised version of Gamma (which hasn't been updated in a while).

The newest version of NeoGamma is R4, and the thread is here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

To play Wii games, make sure you have a cIOS installed (preferably rev13a). To play GC games, you need a cMIOS installed (preferably rev3). Quick note about GC - NeoGamma seems to have problems getting past some games, so I just use GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2, which can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535
    • Newcomer

jssxi New Member

Message Count:
    Finland
    What do I need to install/use the neogamma? I have only been using modchip (the first wasabi), so I don't have any experience of softmodding or stuff like that. I was hoping that I don't have to install anything on my Wii. but if it is necessary I think I can do it. So can I run it just from sd-card?

My main purpose is to get New Super Mario (and maybe Super Smash Bros Brawl, it did work earlier, I think some update did something) working.

"
    ModChip Users:
    -Use NeoGamma R8Beta13 or above, cIOSrev14, place the included .wip-Patches in /NeoGamma, and enable "Search patches".

-Or try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!

"

Could somebody propose what should I do.

BR

Jssxi

Dialexio we !# r of #tea !

Message Count:
    United States
    You will need to install a cIOS. rev14 (WARNING: DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK) is recommended for NeoGamma.