Gaming What does it mean by Zelda wii u is not exactly a "open world"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Life is the ultimate open world. You can do whatever you want, that's not to say there aren't consequences for your actions... :)

Lies, universal expansion means that various points in the universe are heading away from me at faster than the speed of light. I shall never be able to visit them where a younger version of me could have.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W
They're gradually trying to do something that the first game already did years ago...

The first Zelda game was very "Open World", in fact it was the very first Open World game if I'm not mistaken, at least with action elements. and I'm happy they're going back to that style. It had so much stuff you could do out of order, including dungeons. I mean, you could for example go straight to the first dungeon with just your sword and 3 hearts - or you could explore the game and get like 5 or 6 Heart Cointainers, the White Sword, the Blue Ring and a lot of other items even before entering it. The entire map was available from the get go and you had to explore at your own leisure, and it was full of optional items which were rewards for your exploring.
We all have been playing newer zelda which items like shot hook, bomb are recommended to reach later places
Even if the quest could be done in different order, you have to reach it though, you cannot just grab a car(or a plane which need practice to stole one) like in GTA and reach any spot when ever you want

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W
We all have been playing newer zelda which items like shot hook, bomb are recommended to reach later places
Even if the quest could be done in different order, you have to reach it though, you cannot just grab a car(or a plane which need practice to stole one) like in GTA and reach any spot when ever you want
'
No, you could. You could walk anywhere you wanted, and kill any enemy available in the map. It wasn't just "you could do things in different order"... The entire map was a playground in which you could explore and be rewarded for it. The dungeons were the objectives, just as much as GTA has missions in which you must complete to truly beat the game.

Of course you can't grab a plane or a car in Zelda, lol.

But that's in the first game, if you're talking about newer ones, then yeah, you couldn't go to any place you wanted at any given time, you either had to watch a story sequence or have a specific item in order to progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?