Gaming What do you want to see for the Switch's inevitable Virtual Console?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Gamecube Games, although I kinda doubt we'll get them due to how many buttons the joycons have.. Wii games would be cool too, but dunno if it can run them well
EDIT; Oh, forgot about pointer.. Welp, rip those hopes and dreams

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not happening due to technical, legal, and logistical reasons.
  • Nintendo could port over their own library, but won't sell them for 75% off. What's probably going to happen is the popular Wii U titles (e.g. Smash Bros.) will be sold at full price (or maybe a slight discount), but with all the DLC included.
  • Nintendo can't do anything with third-party titles unless the original developers agree to port them over, and the original developers would have to do the porting.
I look forward to your insightful and respectful post debating this.

They've already done the discount thing from Wii VC -> Wii U VC.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I want Gamecube Games, although I kinda doubt we'll get them due to how many buttons the joycons have.. Wii games would be cool too, but dunno if it can run them well
EDIT; Oh, forgot about pointer.. Welp, rip those hopes and dreams
I'd love GameCube games, too. Maybe with a GameCube adapter?
Wii games would be fine, I think. The Wii U had Wii games such as Xenoblade Chronicles on Virtual Console and they ran perfectly well. Switch'll be more powerful, don't see why it can't handle Wii games, too. The Joycons are certainly capable of Wiimote emulation, they have all the right sensors and pointing wouldn't be too hard to implement (like the LG Magic Remote, except re-centering the pointer can be done by a hotkey'd button).

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could defiantly see Wii and DS games. The Switch has the same screen size as the Wii U GamePad and you could use your finger, instead of a stylus for DS games or you could use the stylus from your DS/3DS, instead. Wii games would work with the JoyCon controllers. Now 3DS games won't come for awhile or at least until the 3DS is finally discontinued, which I don't see happening until around 2019 or 2020.

Last edited by 03bgood,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Switch will never, ever emulate Wii. Near-perfect Wii emulation would require a CPU/GPU much powerful than the Switch's. See Dolphin which requires a recent i5 and a GTX 9xx to run all games without framedrops. And no, the Wii VC on the Wii U doesn't count. It's just a CPU underclock like TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM on the 3DS. Oh, and Switch is ARM, Wii is PowerPC.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neo Geo, was dank as fuck playing Metal Slug on PSP
I have 10 TG-16 games on my PS Vita, including Bonk's Adventure and Adventure Island.

The PS3, PSP, and PS Vita kinda had its own Virtual Console with PS1, NeoGeo, and TurboGrafx-16 games. Even some of the arcade games like Ikari Warriors was ported over via PSP Minis.

Last edited by 03bgood,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I have 10 TG-16 games on my PS Vita, including Bonk's Adventure and Adventure Island.

The PS3, PSP, and PS Vita kinda had its own Virtual Console with PS1, NeoGeo, and TurboGrafx-16 games. Even some of the arcade games like Ikari Warriors was ported over via PSP Minis.
Forgot you could play TG 16/ PC Engine on PSP. Would be pretty cool to have that on VC

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, GB/C, GBA, DS, Genesis, Master System, Dreamcast (not gonna happen), Neo-Geo, Turbografx 16, and Arcade.

Seems reasonable and realistic, aside I think from Dreamcast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1