Hacking What do you want from Gateway after 2.0

What do you want from Gateway after 2.0 is released?

• Total voters

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The issue there is
A) smealum is against piracy and would want a flashcards free launcher(he even stated he is making it user land only to block any rom loader from being used on it)
B) gateway is for piracy and homebrew would be built using smealums tools most likely, so they would have to accommodate for them or just force people to switch between the 2 launchers

D

Deleted User

I want from gateway after the release of 2.0 is the telephone number of the women in their clip. I like her fingernails. Maby she's hot who knows. ( hope it's not a guy)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I want from gateway after the release of 2.0 is the telephone number of the women in their clip. I like her fingernails. Maby she's hot who knows. ( hope it's not a guy)

and Ladies & Gentlemen this the reason us gamers dont get laid.... we are a bunch of wankers.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
The issue there is
A) smealum is against piracy and would want a flashcards free launcher(he even stated he is making it user land only to block any rom loader from being used on it)
B) gateway is for piracy and homebrew would be built using smealums tools most likely, so they would have to accommodate for them or just force people to switch between the 2 launchers

Well, that pop-up menu sure looks like user mode to me, and if I remember correctly, he chose user mode to decrease the risk of bootrom corruption. In the end, it's all about convenience. That's why people want multirom support, and that's why many would want to have a all-in-one solution. Should Gateway users be forced to swap out files just to play homebrew? No. In fact, homebrew might be better off if there indeed is a way of booting it on existing launchers, so that people don't have to prioritize between latest commercial releases and, say, homebrew Pong.

One solution to rule them all is what we need. Wii homebrew was standardized, DS homebrew was standardized, and let's hope 3DS will join them. That's what I would like to see, anyway. There's little to no point in trying to exclude flash devices. Besides, Smealum's DS homebrew releases, including the wonderful Aperture Science, worked on regular flash devices, designed by nasty pirates. Flash cartridges aren't bad. They open up possibilities. What matters is how you choose to use them. If Gateway gives us a way of playing imports, I will import. If Gateway gives us a way of playing homebrew, I will play homebrew. What I won't do is mess with every possible exploit related setting to play a homebrew release every once in a while. Ok, that depends on what the release is, but if all it does is rendering fractals, I'm less inclined to go through a long set-up procedure just to stare at the screen for a minute, than I would be to boot a homebrew image that appears in my pop-up menu.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I voted 5.0+ fw, we might wait more years. Original games aren't expensive, I have no probs but just want homebrew

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Most important thing for me is continuous support and not ditching us after 2.0, abandoning the card and start a new completely card to milk us for more money. That's the most important thing I want them to do.

Other than that, continue to support new EmuNAND versions.

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I put in 'Other' too. Meaning: NO BRICK CODE!! I bought a 3DS XL + Luigis Mansion 2 in December. Expecting to buy a Supercard DSTWO + Gateway card. Bought the Supercard DSTWO, decided to wait for Gateway 2.0 to see if they could deliver. Now I'm just waiting for a 3DS flashcard that does what it should do without risk of bricking the console. Region free is also a very important feature.

Reactions: Nightwish

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people have such a problem with having to quit the game to save!! I mean come on it's like 20 seconds more of your time!! And that was how I always quit games before gateway anyways!!
I know right? How else do you quit the game, just holding the power button down? I generally always go back to the home screen anyway so I can put my console in sleep mode and whore play coins :P

Hmm... how about a machine that prints money? That's about the only thing that hasn't been mentioned :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it