Hardware What do you wanna see in the Nintendo Switch?

CHICAGO-lollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Region-free games, swappable/modular JoyCons (Please just give me one with a D-Pad), support for user-made wallpapers, and a limited developer sandbox in all retail units (this will never happen, lol).

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
a limited developer sandbox in all retail units (this will never happen, lol)
I agree with you so much...
And if not this, then a title like Petit on the 3DS.

Reactions: CHICAGO-lollie

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Nintendo's downfall.

why ? i think Nintendo make great consoles/handhelds.

they only lack 3rd party support at times.
your comment is so bs.

-to make it stick to the topic , i know the switch will be great i look forward to it.
not a Nintendo fanboy, i like Sony more.
and not a hardcore gamer , i just play for the experience/and the fun of it.

i never liked Microsoft's consoles, its a personal preference i guess, but i dislike it when people bash Nintendo , i think they are making good consoles.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: smileyhead

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know how the battery life is going to be if we can use wifi out of the docking station. 3DS lasts a pretty good amount of time (5hrs or so for the XL) but theres no way the Switch will last that long.

I Hope the battery life is long enough to make the portability worth it, because if it isnt, then its trash.

Also the only other thing i want is a steady 60fps. I can live with downgraded resolution (900p is fine) but please no stuttering and dips.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
why ? i think Nintendo make great consoles/handhelds.

they only lack 3rd party support at times.
your comment is so bs.

-to make it stick to the topic , i know the switch will be great i look forward to it.
not a Nintendo fanboy, i like Sony more.
and not a hardcore gamer , i just play for the experience/and the fun of it.

i never liked Microsoft's consoles, its a personal preference i guess, but i dislike it when people bash Nintendo , i think they are making good consoles.

The GCN was Ninty's last good console.

The Wii was filled with family oriented shit games.
DS was buried in shovelware.
Wii U is a failure, even Nintendo admits it.
3DS... the only good games for the system can be counted on both hands.

Nintendo is done for.
Werther you like it or not.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GCN was Ninty's last good console.

The Wii was filled with family oriented shit games.
DS was buried in shovelware.
Wii U is a failure, even Nintendo admits it.
3DS... the only good games for the system can be counted on both hands.

Nintendo is done for.
Werther you like it or not.

All of it is true, but so long as Pokemon exists, Nintendo wont die. Unless somehow Game Freak breaks away from nintendo's omnipotent grasp. (That would literally change the game industry to be honest. Game Freak without Nintendo's restrictions and Nintendo will finally die)

The Switch is a good idea on paper and can easily fit in today's market, which is great for nintendo, but if it lacks any real good games/support then it will go the same way as WiiU. And honestly all we know is the typical Nintendo games. Zelda, Mario, splatoon(2, Patch?) and some ports. Skyrim isn't confirmed and even then,I don't see the appeal of playing skyrim on a mobile device. It eats up WAYYY to much time to get anything done effectively, and with the battery limits it may be a waste.

Anyway long rant over, you are right and if the Switch bombs, nintendo is done for too

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All of it is true, but so long as Pokemon exists, Nintendo wont die. Unless somehow Game Freak breaks away from nintendo's omnipotent grasp. (That would literally change the game industry to be honest. Game Freak without Nintendo's restrictions and Nintendo will finally die)

The Switch is a good idea on paper and can easily fit in today's market, which is great for nintendo, but if it lacks any real good games/support then it will go the same way as WiiU. And honestly all we know is the typical Nintendo games. Zelda, Mario, splatoon(2, Patch?) and some ports. Skyrim isn't confirmed and even then,I don't see the appeal of playing skyrim on a mobile device. It eats up WAYYY to much time to get anything done effectively, and with the battery limits it may be a waste.

Anyway long rant over, you are right and if the Switch bombs, nintendo is done for too

I'm getting a Switch so I can play Skyrim!
Said no one ever.

Porting old games to "next gen" consoles doesn't really help set a strong foothold.
Especially as it's a game that more then 5 years old and has better graphics on current gen consoles
(in the case of Skyrim, which has remastered ports to PS4 and Xbone, not to mention everyone who wanted to play it already played it)

Nintendo should switch back to focus on core gamers again, Family should come second.
Exciting titles like the N64 era and the GCN era (to a lesser extend), They had games which actually where up to spec back in the day.
Having the same old franchises for years isn't a bad idea (not talking about AC after 3 and COD), as long as the games leave an impact (OOT and Breath of the Wild for example)
If the franchises will be the same every iteration (much like pokemon) it'll end one day as there's no progress on that particular game.
It's the same thing all over again.

But yeh, The Wii had a handful of good titles (mostly 1st party ones), the Wii U has Splatoon, Breath of the Wild, Mario maker and Zombi U (Super smash and MK8... perhaps)
I secretly hope that the Switch will have the same amount of memorable titles as the N64 and GCN but I highly doubt it.

Nintendo already lost a substantial amount of gamers to the XBox and Playstation brand.
If the Switch flops, Nintendo will be left with a room of die hard Nintendo fans.
Pretty grim future indeed.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish for:

* extremely poor sales of the Switch resulting in a quick and sudden price drop on games, hardware and accessories due to comically inaccurate demand forecasts from Nintendo's top brass.
* someone in the company admitting they like the Atari Lynx far better than the Switch as a portable. Or at least looked at the Atari Lynx for inspiration in designing the Switch. Or I can settle for someone in the company admitting that they prefer the Virtual Boy as a portable.
* a magical protective case that can completely protect 2 controllers and main unit from all possible damage caused by a drop (on all corners & all sides) without the need to constantly remove the case to cater to the different configurations. In other words, a permanent protective case that doesn't get in the way.
* a 110-220V worldwide power supply like virtually every other portable power supply outside of some Nintendo hardware one can speak about
* easily removable batteries that can be swapped over instantly while on-the-go (and easily replaced with new ones when they no longer hold suitable charge due to age or abuse).
* easy 12v charging & easily and cheaply-sourced 'car' DC power supply
* option to play completely wired (with all wireless technologies completely turned off internally) especially if you are concerned about the long-term health effects of wireless technologies. That means the ability to play wired with absolutely zero wireless activity coming out of the unit(s) like older units that never had wireless anything built-in.
* hiring some real usability experts to take care of the interface for the Switch
* the realisation that (post-Switch) Nintendo has to be the technical leader again instead of chasing 'differences' and cheaper-to-manufacture hardware. Either that or re-release older classic hardware (built with the latest screen and battery tech but still remaining faithful to originals where it matters) and make a fortune on nostalgia and the ability to buy older games online and play them with similar (better) hardware with stonkingly good battery life. They could brag about the removable AAs that go for days and days with a sunlight-visible screen. With units that are far more pocketable than the Switch. I can dream.

Last edited by foob,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.
I want the Notifications applet to be integrated into the HOME Menu.
I don't want to open a separate app just to view my list of notifications.
Something like this: (Demonstrated on Wii U HOME Menu)
Untitled.png

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want splatoon 2 and a better mario kart cuz mk8 is crap

Only problem I have with MK8 is its battle mode and the lack of true battle arenas, can't even play battle mode in the state its in on MK8.

The races however are fantastic, I wouldn't change much about them, however it appears from the Switch reveal trailer that the new Mario Kart gives us 2 items slots so we may be able to hold 2 items at once now, which I'm completely open to.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-A proper metroid game that is nothing like Other M or federation force and more like AM2R and super metroid.
-streetpass
-120hz lolol
-haptic feedback
-3rd party games (FF7 remake please)
-Ethernet for the base
-battery that last longer than the Wii U controller did
-not make me buy all my classic games again (or at least for a bit cheaper if I've already bought them)
-handheld + console eshop combined (oracle of seasons on my switch would be lovely)

Reactions: smileyhead

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to see in the Switch:

-Ethernet | realistically, it would be limited to the base, so it is not "in" the Switch as per the question asked.

-A decent size battery | I do not want to see a teardown just to find out the battery is 1500MAh with plenty of spare room for a larger one {I am looking at you Wii U Gamepad :wtf:}. this will be compounded by the fact that it will probably be non user serviable like tablets and phones are.

-Multi-touch (at least 5 point) capacitive digitizer with 1280x720 resolution panel | 1920x1080 resolution would be too much to ask for without sacrificing battery life as the decent battery wish will probably not happen.

-Durable components | I do not want to worry about scratching the screen with a microfiber cloth while trying to clean it or having it break from a single drop (I very rarely drop stuff but "That one time..." situations are what I am worried about).

-Some form of expandable storage that does not cost a fortune | The Vita's memory card prices were really bad and I would not want to have a repeat of that.

-Anti-Glare coating for the screen | This is paramount and will make or break the viability of using the Switch outdoors as without it, all the durability and battery life in the world would not save it from the sun and other light sources.

-Analog triggers | The Wii U and Wii (only the original classic controller had analog triggers) suffer from the digital trigger problem that did not exist on the GameCube. This may not be an issue for Nintendo games but any multi-platform games will have problems with controller mapping as analog triggers have been the standard since the PS3 (PS2 had analog buttons for L2/R2), Original Xbox, and GameCube.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a