Gaming What do you think is the future of Rare inc. games on Nintendo?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, wut?? :blink: I thought Nintendo owned basically every character in that game besides Conker and Banjo!
rare created every character in that game except diddy. hence it won't be on a nintendo console and probably not the xbox too unless both companies agree to something. and knowing how m$ thinks they will want it exclusive so it's a stalemate.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's almost too optimistic there XD I think it would take something pretty huge for Rare to cut its ties with Microsoft... (such as Microsoft leaving the console business)

This project is by EX-RareWare Employees (The ones that had enough sense to abandon their slave drivers known as Microsoft)....the ones that helped with the GOOD Nintendo games left Rare / Microsoft and are branching out on a limb to bring back the spirit of their classic RareWare formula

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project is by EX-RareWare Employees (The ones that had enough sense to abandon their slave drivers known as Microsoft)....the ones that helped with the GOOD Nintendo games left Rare / Microsoft and are branching out on a limb to bring back the spirit of their classic RareWare formula

I know, but they are not part of Rare anymore. They don't have rights to produce anything owned by Rare, just really good lookalikes (like Project Ukulele, obviously being a very well done spiritual successor to the Banjo series)

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know, but they are not part of Rare anymore. They don't have rights to produce anything owned by Rare, just really good lookalikes (like Project Ukulele, obviously being a very well done spiritual successor to the Banjo series)

exactly and if Nintendo hired them or recruited them as a main 3rd party developer, the closest thing to Rare would be alive.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rare created every character in that game except diddy. hence it won't be on a nintendo console and probably not the xbox too unless both companies agree to something. and knowing how m$ thinks they will want it exclusive so it's a stalemate.
...Really?
It's not totally out of the question, and the link says they've worked together before with no issues (I'd reckon they're talking about Diddy Kong/Banjo, GBA/DS there), so IF there ends up an agreement regarding Banjo on Smash, maybe. With Diddy Kong Racing though, I suspect we'd unfortunately have to end up with the piss poor DS one instead, but like I say, not COMPLETELY out of the question.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...Really?
It's not totally out of the question, and the link says they've worked together before with no issues (I'd reckon they're talking about Diddy Kong/Banjo, GBA/DS there), so IF there ends up an agreement regarding Banjo on Smash, maybe. With Diddy Kong Racing though, I suspect we'd unfortunately have to end up with the piss poor DS one instead, but like I say, not COMPLETELY out of the question.
Hopefully, if Nintendo and M$oft come to an agreement, Nintendo doesn't F@ck it up, just like the Sony CD add-on for the SNES. I wouldn't put it past them. Did M$oft release a HD version of perfect dark?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully, if Nintendo and M$oft come to an agreement, Nintendo doesn't F@ck it up, just like the Sony CD add-on for the SNES. I wouldn't put it past them. Did M$oft release a HD version of perfect dark?

The story with the SNES CD add-on was that Sony pretty much wanted full control over it, almost to the point of Nintendo only having their name on the front of the machine, hence the pull-out (then the move to Phillips, which didn't go particularly well either did it :lol: ). Can't say for sure that's what happened, but as Nin were at the top of the game back then, and the SNES was invincible in Japan, perhaps it's true that they wanted to keep control for themselves....

Perfect Dark, well they made a new installment of the game, which we won't talk about - was about as good as the Zelda games that came out of the Nin/Phillips deal! - but the Arcade version of the original yes. And yes like has been said, was a quality remake like Banjo was. No there's no chance well see Perfect Dark on the Wii U in my opinion, but Diddy Kong Racing is a different matter: as the link says M$ are a bit more open than you might think, especially the new boss Phil Spencer who actually seems like a gamer (as well as a money grabbing bugger of course) - they can't use Diddy Kong so if there's a settlement between the two companies (and as they seem willing to allow Banjo on Smash Bros) ....maybe.... Maybe even Banjo! ....Jet Force Gemini? Blast Corps?! (no chance for Conker/Killer Instinct either though)

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The move to Phillips, which didn't go particularly well either did it :lol: ). Can't say for sure that's what happened, but as Nin were at the top of the game back then, and the SNES was invincible in Japan, perhaps it's true that they wanted to keep control for themselves....
Nintendo most likely got to see the games they were making and Nintendo was like, What the fuck is this shit, Mario Hotel? How the fuck can we sell this crime against gaming?. Then looked at the Zelda games and just walk out of the building, and never spoke to them again. Nintendo sent the contract to boiler room in Miyamoto's basement.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo most likely got to see the games they were making and Nintendo was like, What the fuck is this shit, Mario Hotel? How the fuck can we sell this crime against gaming?. Then looked at the Zelda games and just walk out of the building, and never spoke to them again. Nintendo sent the contract to boiler room in Miyamoto's basement.

Mario said:
Here's the problem... Too many toasters!!!

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
An out of the blue move would be to see Banjo Kazooe getting in Smash Bros..
Phil Spencer already tweeted saying that it would be a possible thing, and would have no problems from the Microsoft side of things ....but Nintendo even bothering to ask it to Microsoft, that's certainly the difficult part..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: