Gaming What do you expect from Nintendo Direct in January ?

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next direct is rumoured to be the 11th. What do you expect from this direct. I expect a port from the wii u(smash or Mario maker,...) and info on Kirby and Yoshi (release date)
I just hope the Ace Attorney games for the Switch finally get publicly announced... And I also want Super Mario Maker Deluxe.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hard considering everything mentioned in the last direct has already come out.

I expect January direct to be similar to the January livestream from last year, where they show the games coming until this summer, and then one or two games from holiday.

Reactions: Tigran

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hard considering everything mentioned in the last direct has already come out.

I should have implied sarcasm a bit more clearly. Nintendo directs are usually 80-90% known games/announcements. If not more..

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be my guess.... So it wouldn't be the same stuff from the last direct. :D
they kind of have to, all we know is Kirby, Yoshi, fire emblem, and octopath traveller. And I highly doubt we would hear about Metroid prime 4 or pokemon, so they have to make new announcements.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have implied sarcasm a bit more clearly. Nintendo directs are usually 80-90% known games/announcements. If not more..

Not the ones that come in January though, that is when they announced majora's mask hd, and paper Mario color splash in the past.

Reactions: Kioku

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people are throwing the idea of gamecube on virtual console, that would make me excited just because of super smash bros melee on the go

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For on the go... Like at doctors/offices and hospitals. ;) Not to mention the analog controlers for Super Mario Sunshine.
I agree it'd be cool to have that and other joy con sets like SNES, just pointing out that Gamecube VC would be really awesome as-is. They only need to implement analog trigger support.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You beat me to it. Also the Gamecube button setup is the best ever for non motion games!
IDK, I always figured a modernized SNES controller would be the best, and I do love the SF30Pro from 8BitDo. I wish the top/trigger buttons were a little longer, but that's the only slight con. Everything else feels like a SNES controller, full-size D-pad and all. Very quality build. With the dual analog sticks where they are, it's almost like the controller I imagine Sony and Nintendo would've put together if they had partnered.

Last edited by Xzi,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Super Peach Sisters.

You play as Peach and do fun stuff girls do, like makeup, laundry, doing dishes, getting sexually harrased.

I'd buy it.

Also, a every single Pokémon game ever released, because why not.

But seriously, I've learned to never have high hopes for the Directs, they're usually worthless (to me)

Perhaps some teaser gameplay of MP4, and if it's similar to the earlier MP it's a big no for me.

Tldr, I have no expectations at all.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

YaboitonyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a couple less exciting Switch and 3ds titles to fill the gap between now and whenever the next big title for those consoles come out. Hopefully some virtual console news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too