What do i need to play GBA, SNES and NES roms on my NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by timgorden11, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009
    • Newcomer

timgorden11 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Yes yes I'm sure this has been asked more than 9000 times before but i shall bring the total to over 9000 lol

Ok i want to play GBA, SNES and NES roms on my NDS, i already have a TTDS but i'm pretty sure i can't use that as it's a Slot-1 device and to play what i want i think you need a Slot-2 device.

I've done a bit of research on it and something called a "Passme" keeps coming up, what is that? Is it part of the slot-2 device? Do i need it to play the roms i want?

The slot-2 device i think i'll get is called "EZFLASH V GBA 3-IN-1 EXPANSION PACK" is this one any good? Will it play the roms i want?

Lastly, does that slot-2 device work like my TTDS? eg. i put a SD card in it with the roms and software needed into it?

Thanks

Satangel BEAST

Message Count:
    Belgium
    Yeah, the EZ 3in1 is a good card to run GBA games on.
    And it works with the DSTT . You will have to use your microSD from your DSTT to load your GBA roms on it.

And SNES and NES games are easy with the DSTT, you will have to use emulators, which you can find here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70364
    • Newcomer

timgorden11 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    So how exactly does it work? eg. do i have my TTDS in like usual with the SD card in that or the EZ 3in1?
    and is the EZ 3in1 one of those slot-2 devices i've read about that can only load 1 gba game at a time or is it like my TTDS like it'll have a list of the gba games?

and do you mean that my TTDS can already play snes and nes games without the slot-2 device?

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Message Count:
    Australia
    You put GBA ROMs on your TTDS's microSD and put that in your SLOT-1 like normal, then put the 3-in-1 in your SLOT-2. Then, since the TTDS doesn't natively support the 3-in-1, you run a homebrew app for that purpose, highly likely to be Rudolph's GBAExpLoader. This lists all your GBA ROMs and lets you pick which one you want to write to the 3-in-1. So it's kind of both; you get a list of games, but only one can be on your 3-in-1 at a time.

As for NES and SNES games, yes, the TTDS can play them without any SLOT-2 device. For NES emulation, you want the emulator nesDS, for SNES emulation, you want SNEmulDS. Put NES ROMs in /NES/ and SNES ROMs in /SNES/ and run the emulators the same way you run any other DS ROM. A list of your ROMs will appear, and you pick the one you want to play. Do note, though, that SNEmulDS can (but does not have to) use the 3-in-1's RAM to make large ROMs play better. Also, SNES emulation on the DS is very limited, so 3-in-1 or not, don't be disappointed if much of what you want to play doesn't run perfectly/at all. NES emulation is pretty good, most games should run fairly well, with a few exceptions.

As a side bonus, PocketNES is an emulator designed to be run on the GBA, which you can use if you get a 3-in-1. nesDS is actually a port of an old version of PocketNES, so if you're having trouble with something in nesDS, you can give it a shot on PocketNES, which is superior in almost every way, barring the smaller screen size, a limitation of the GBA.
    • Newcomer

timgorden11 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Thanks so much for the replies and the great info.