What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Castiel, Aug 7, 2012.

1. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Just beat Samus Returns with a little over 40% item completion and about 8 hours and 45 minutes of game time. I have to say, this is an awesome game, and I'll be sure to pick it up in a couple of months (after I've been to three conventions and the SNES Classic/Mario Odyssey have been paid) (unless one of the conventions turns out to be a disappointment, then I'll get this and Dishonored DotO immediately) .

2. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Just got platinum for Batman Arkham Blackgate on PSVita... started 3 years ago... I know I abused, this game is quite easy, don't know why I stopped playing it :wacko:

3. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Just beat Final Fantasy XIII trilogy by finishing Lightning Returns. (sitting through the end credits right now)

Overall love this trilogy and the final game. It is one of those select few games that give you that "bittersweet" feeling once you beat it.:wub:

Next on my list is PERSONA V !! So hyped to finally play this. This will be my GOTY fo sho!

Edit: It totally was!

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Oct 14, 2017
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I finished a second constellation and made progress in another in Cosmic Express - really fun puzzle game.

I got gold in the first three cups on Mario Kart Double Dash at 50cc, and in the first cup at 100cc.

I made a bit more progress in Metroid Samus Returns, and beat the second metroid, before getting distracted.

5. Kiyoko

Kiyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    Italy
    I defeated the Swine Prince and the Necromancer in Darkest Dungeon, the former on the first try, while for the latter it was my second try, the previous party was destroyed by the Necromancer itself after the Collector got them by surprise - I didn't even know such a monster existed.

6. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    100% God of War 1 on the PS3.

7. Kiyoko

Kiyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    Italy
    In Darkest Dungeon I defeated the Sodden Crew and the Hag - this one with three characters on Death's Door - moreover, I brought my first Hero, Dismas, to level 6!

8. CallmeBerto

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Just completed God of War - Ghost of Sparta. Next up getting all the trophies.

9. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Platinum trophy #28

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ezio Collection)

10. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    Finished all of the shrines in BotW

[​IMG]

11. Potato Paste

Potato Paste Advanced Member

Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    7 hour glasses in hat in time!

12. CallmeBerto

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Gen 3 pokedex complete 386/386

Took me about 2 months taking a break before I work on gen 4

13. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    upload_2017-10-14_23-45-55.png

The image speaks for itself.

I got the true ending on the first try
    I did 23/26 requests
    Got 49% of the trophies
    I got 11 Social Links
    I unlocked all hangout spots

I give the game an 8.5/10

The game surpasses the prior two games in terms of Exploration and Game-play. But it doesn't surpass them in terms of story and cast. The story and cast in this game were great especially the guys, yet i preferred the cast and story from the past two games since they felt more complete. The female cast on the other hand were like able at best imo. The side women were better than the original female cast hence why i chose them as my romance options.

But this game was definitely my GOTY since i liked it more than BOTW. I also cannot wait to watch the anime adaptation and nor can i wait to play the spin-off games.

Next is 999 Remake, Gyakuten Kanji II or DAO.

decisions...decisions

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Oct 14, 2017
  14. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Beat Contra 3 this morning on hard mode for the true ending. I just got this game Oct 7 and have never played it before. So I feel like I done extremely well. I did bump the lives up to 7 and hard difficulty in the options menu.

The hardest boss for me was the stage 5 boss but only until I learned how to fight him correctly by tapping L then holding it to stop the spin so you can aim. Other than him I also had problems with the final form of the last boss on hard, I kept jumping off the helicopter like a dumb ass.lol I liked to have never broke the habit of not stopping to shoot before trying to jump. btw this pic I just beat the final boss on my last life with 0 continues left.haha
    DSC00489.JPG

Last edited by Thomas83Lin, Oct 17, 2017 at 2:59 AM