What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally beat Candice, the 7th gym leader in Pokemon Perfect Platinum Challenge Edition. Three of her four creatures died extremely quickly but her Froslass is borderline impossible to hit. Her Abomasnow sets up Hail with its ability and Froslass feeds off it wit her ability to raise her evasion, then uses Double Team over and over to make it impossible to land a clean hit, so I lost a few times simply because I couldn't hit her, even with X Accuracy.

Then, the moment of destiny, where my Arcanine earned his keep once and for all by catching her with a well placed Fire Blast, killing the damn thing in one hit. BURN, YOU BITCH!

Of course all it earned me was the right to keep another pointless HM Whore around to use Rock Climb, and the chance to waste hours of my life taking out the latest in a long line of Team Rocket rip offs because Nintendo treats that idea like a fucking security blanket. Ironic that a series about growth and evolution hasn't changed in any significant way in over a decade.

Reactions: Social_Outlaw

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tonight I beat this fucker

Kraid_16-bit.gif

..Kraid in Super Metroid. Great game, but I keep messing up the controls because my muscle memory is still programmed from Zero Mission.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Tonight I beat this fucker

..Kraid in Super Metroid. Great game, but I keep messing up the controls because my muscle memory is still programmed from Zero Mission.
I felt the same way, since my first Metroid game was Fusion (can't remember if I played Super or Zero Mission first after that). The controls and physics in Fusion and Zero Mission are a million times better than Super Metroid, and the inclusion of a run button in Super was such a mistake.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After doing some sidequests, collecting heart pieces, rupees and buying all of Ravio's items, I finally got back to the main storyline in A Link Between Worlds, and rescued three sages. Four to go :D

Edit: Also, bosses in this game are terribly easy lol

Last edited by Lycan911,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
After doing some sidequests, collecting heart pieces, rupees and buying all of Ravio's items, I finally got back to the main storyline in A Link Between Worlds, and rescued three sages. Four to go :D

Edit: Also, bosses in this game are terribly easy lol
the entire game is terribly easy haha.

swirlyglasses

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm revisiting F-zero GX story mode. I beat chapter 5 very hard yesterday and am now on chapter 7 (very hard).

I got to chapter 7 about 5 years ago and I just rage quit the game forever. Not this time though. I'll get it eventually.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
A Link Between Worlds - CHECK!
The ending really brought a smile on my face. No matter how easy and short, story-wise this might be my favorite Zelda game. :D
A Link to the Past remains better to me.
:mellow:

Reactions: Lycan911

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Link to the Past remains better to me.
:mellow:
Link's Awakening FTW!

As of today - Destiny:
Dismantled 34 exotics for the shards
Soft capped my Warlock
Soloed POE 34 and won ^_^
Bought 4 Legacy Engrams (things are NOT cheap)

Pokemon Rumble World:
Made lvl 56
Beat the King's Challenge on Sunday

Pokemon Shuffle:
S ranked and caught Pokemon on levels 80 - 84

Split/Second
Won 15 online ranked matches and got tons of hate mail ^_^

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the best ending in Way of the Samurai 3 recently. But aside from that I've just been playing Rocksmith 2014. Kind of annoyed right now because my usual guitar is damaged. The jack is loose so the cable wobbles, causing some signal loss. Thankfully I have two other guitars that work fine (well, mostly for one of them in dire need of some clean strings) so it's not a big deal. Minor damage, easily repaired as soon as I get my hands on a screwdriver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.