What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not much achieved today to be honest, but I did discover that Tales of Graces F and the Symphonia Chronicles were put on one PS3 disk which was for sale as cheap as £15 inc. next day delivery on ShopTo. So I suspect that combined with my recently acquired Ni No Kuni game will be seeing most of the action over the next few weeks. I did get a few things done though.

- All kinds of chaos is happening on my Tomodachi Life's Destiny Island. Pewdiepie (laugh all you like, I think he's funny, get over it) and Kairi from Kingdom Hearts now have a daughter called Daisy, Doctor Robotnik is in love with pretty much every single female on the island but every single one has turned him down so far, starting to see why he turned evil. Captain Kirk's proposal to Tifa Lockheart went disasterously wrong. And Wark the Chocobo finally hit his ten grand savings target and took his best friend Mog the Moogle into space.

- Finished Steamworld Dig with all upgrades, I have literally nothing left to do.

- Smashed my previous high score on Tokyo Jungle into fragments. Bizarrely, this was done playing as a deer. Lasted several generations, cleared a tonne of missions, unlocked two new characters, then got mauled by the sudden appearance of a pack of velociraptors.

D

Deleted User

I actually started playing Pokemon α Sapphire yesterday. I was just fooling around with it prior to, mainly doing those contest things (whatever the heck they're called) and was letting a friend play it since they didn't own it yet.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Got the blueprints to the second weapon update in Omega Quintet, but lacked some materials to create them so started farming.
It was a breeze thanks to the training facility having(almost. I couldn't find one in specific) every kind of enemy and stealing with Aria, also enemies respawn after a while so if you exterminate them just wait a moment for them to appear and keep farming/grinding. the fact that this is one of those games where you can skip every animation(I like to see them though) and the transition from field to battle is very fast makes farming and grinding a no frustrating experience.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally got 8dan in BMS! For those of you who have no clue what that means: dans are basically exam courses of the game. Your rank is the highest dan course you've cleared. To clear one, you need to play 4 songs in a row without dying, and your health bar carries over across songs. The one I cleared is this one:

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c5f6f003310abd842cc8180d741f4bf9.jpg

Sweet new Bloodborne build.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played a little of the Japanese Dragon Quest game that came cart only with my Japanese 3DS on an NA 2DS via RegionFour.

Was sort of hoping it would use the default console language since I don't read Japanese. It didn't. Oh, well. Was still amusing for 5 minutes.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and got to G special in Monster HUnter 4 Ultimate. Also beat Incarose a few days ago in tales of hearts r

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
For some reason played Earthworm Jim 2 and advanced until puppy love part 3, then the game kinda froze, I still could move and all but Psycrow didn't felt like throwing any more puppies. so reseted the game and used the "password" system(there is no password system, you need to collect 4 items in each level to skip them and continue in the next level from the menu if you run out of continues) to get to the level again and the same thing happened. I don't know what happened but could be an AP system, Retroduo, Super Everdrive or even a bad dump of the game.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just talking about today I've:
Completed Megaman 1 through 10 (in order)
Completed almost every Mario Kart (I don't own Mario Kart 7)
Played NES Tecmo Bowl online and won every game ^_^
Completed Sonic Mega and Gems collection
Completed my speed runs on Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission (again -_-)
Started playing Castlevania by following the storyline (playing the games in order of story not when they came out)
Just today?

Damn. It took me long enough to play through Megaman 1 last week to get footage of Glitches... Congrats!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got the most amazing trick shot KO in Smash Bros 3DS. Playing an all random smash, all characters on random, random stage, etc, and I got Jigglypuff. I had the laser sword, threw it at Mario, it hit him in the face, bounced off, hit the Wii Fit Trainer behind me right between the eyes, bounced back over me, I caught it, spun around, and KO'd the Wii Fit Trainer while she was stunned by the hit. It was beautiful. Like a game of pinball but with more lightsabers. I uploaded the replay, so if you see a replay called Trick Throw KO, that's mine, enjoy the shot.

In other news;

* I totally cleaned out my local Cash Generators, bought a tonne of PS3 games dirt cheap:
- Dragon Age Origins, 99p
- Dragon Age 2, 99p
- Fear 2 Project Origin, 99p
- Bayonetta, £1.99
- Dungeon Siege 3, 99p
- GTA 4, 99p.
- Bioshock Infinite, £1.99.

All boxed mint with manuals, all discs sparkling new. Not a bad run.

Reactions: VinsCool

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My new girlfriend introduced me to ranch rush. A somewhat casual but still hard ...erm...time management simulation game (?). I beat it yesterday. All but the last level aren't that hard. But that last level IS hard.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to post here over the past month, but I finally got the expansion pass for Destiny (PS3) (thanks to my very generous friend), and beat the story missions and raid in The Dark Below. I also beat the story missions and Prison of Elders in House of Wolves with two characters, and working on a third.

Just today, I beat Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) on normal difficulty, saving all classmates. I rather enjoyed it despite not caring when I first played it, and had a great time with it. Suda51 has my attention now, so I think I'll grab No More Heroes sometime, as well. Nice to see that Platinum Games isn't the only developer that knows how to make a good stylish action game.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Since Saturday night I have been playing Metroid Prime from the trilogy collection on Wii U. as I have already played the game back in 2007(I think?) on Gamecube, grabbed a save from internet to play it in hypermode(GC hard) and damn this things hit hard. Turrets and pirates can drain your energy tanks like nothing if you aren't careful.
I got almost all the powerups, the only one left is the phazon suit and flamethrower I think. Don't plan to 100% it, I already have 125 missiles and have 2 maybe 3 energy tanks left to find that I want to find, energy is never enough in hypermode. I need some powerbomb expansions too, the ammunition for it is scarce.
What surprised me is that I remembered a portion of the game. even after 8 years I remembered some expansion location and how to solve some puzzles.
I hate my memory for that, I can't replay puzzle games for that very reason I can remember how to solve(or in some cases the solution) every puzzle.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Since Saturday night I have been playing Metroid Prime from the trilogy collection on Wii U. as I have already played the game back in 2007(I think?) on Gamecube, grabbed a save from internet to play it in hypermode(GC hard) and damn this things hit hard. Turrets and pirates can drain your energy tanks like nothing if you aren't careful.
I got almost all the powerups, the only one left is the phazon suit and flamethrower I think. Don't plan to 100% it, I already have 125 missiles and have 2 maybe 3 energy tanks left to find that I want to find, energy is never enough in hypermode. I need some powerbomb expansions too, the ammunition for it is scarce.
What surprised me is that I remembered a portion of the game. even after 8 years I remembered some expansion location and how to solve some puzzles.
I hate my memory for that, I can't replay puzzle games for that very reason I can remember how to solve(or in some cases the solution) every puzzle.

I feel your pain. Last year I replayed Prime 1 on hypermode difficulty, and it's tough stuff. It certainly gets easier the stronger you get, though. I actually beat the final boss in one go. I've been meaning to beat Prime 2 and 3 on hypermode as well, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, what do you mean GC hard? If I'm not mistaken, hypermode is an entirely new difficulty setting for Prime and Prime 2 on the trilogy (Prime 3 already had it). The regular "hard" modes for Prime and Prime 2 are the ones from the GC versions.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I feel your pain. Last year I replayed Prime 1 on hypermode difficulty, and it's tough stuff. It certainly gets easier the stronger you get, though. I actually beat the final boss in one go. I've been meaning to beat Prime 2 and 3 on hypermode as well, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, what do you mean GC hard? If I'm not mistaken, hypermode is an entirely new difficulty setting for Prime and Prime 2 on the trilogy (Prime 3 already had it). The regular "hard" modes for Prime and Prime 2 are the ones from the GC versions.

The trilogy versions of Prime 1 and 2 come in 3 difficulties. Normal, Veteran and Hypermode. while the GC versions had only Normal and Hard.
Normal mode in the trilogy is a new difficulty setting equivalent to Easy, Veteran is identical to GC Normal and Hypermode is the same as Hard mode of the Gamecube originals.
in resume:
Normal -> Easy(doesn't exist in GC)
Veteran -> Normal
Hypermode -> Hard

:arrow:sauce
:arrow:more sauce

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The trilogy versions of Prime 1 and 2 come in 3 difficulties. Normal, Veteran and Hypermode. while the GC versions had only Normal and Hard.
Normal mode in the trilogy is a new difficulty setting equivalent to Easy, Veteran is identical to GC Normal and Hypermode is the same as Hard mode of the Gamecube originals.
in resume:
Normal -> Easy(doesn't exist in GC)
Veteran -> Normal
Hypermode -> Hard

:arrow:sauce
:arrow:more sauce

Oh wow... TIL. So I only ever beat Prime 2 on easy mode, then? That's super confusing, and a bit annoying. You think they would've named them something less confusing in trilogy, like "Easy," "Original," and "hypermode/hard."

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Continuing my Metroid Prime hypermode run defeated the Omega Pirate, got the phazon suit and flamethrower, a power bomb expansion and the 3 last energy tanks, so I have all the energy I can get. I think I'm well armored with 130 missiles and all combos.

now let's talk about the Omega Pirate:
He is a motherfucking son of a bitch. the chamber where he is has phazon pools that of course cause damage if you step on them, the pirate is huge leaving little room to maneuver while trying to avoid the pools, hopefully the damage this phazon cause isn't severe and you can mostly ignore his presence.
you first need to break the phazon he has in his legs and shoulders that resist thousands of shoots each and can only be shoot when attacks. luckily I learned that the wave beam can hit it anyway if you shoot with an angle thanks to the homing nature of it. or use the wavebuster, just leave enough missiles to shoot 6 supermissiles to the omega's face once he is vulnerable.
what you can't ignore are the elemental pirates that come to protect the omega when he is vulnerable. on veteran/normal you can ignore them, but on hypermode they are a treat and you'll need to defeat at least one to survive and at the same time attack the omega or else he'll recover unscratched and back to shoot his legs and shoulders.
I should also mention that the omega is invisible when vulnerable, you need to change to x-ray visor to find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8