What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I caught a feebas in pokemon ruby (extremely difficult to do) and then I accidently soft reset the game before saving.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't do much today, but I'm giving a try at boss rush mode on Kid Icarus: Uprising for the first time in a long while (in the middle of it right now).

I'm also in the middle of my first playthrough of the Mega Man X games. In the past couple weeks, I've beat Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, and am currently working on Mega Man Xtreme. I'm going to grab "Mega Man X Collection" for the PS2 before I move on to X3, since dealing with the playstation emulator on my laptop is a bit obnoxious (and not as compatible as the SNES emulator).

More detailed "achievements" can be seen in my backloggery, linked in the signature.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent my 1000th hour in Skyrim.
Wow. Here I thought I played Skyrim a lot at 130 or so hours. 100 on my main character, 30 on all my others.
I got to about 70 hours and then just gave up. There is only so much repetition one can handle in a game...
Sometimes mods can fix these issues, but Skyrim is really boring in general. The landscape is surprisingly small and empty, and the towns are barren too.

Every play Morrowind? You might like that one better--loads of quests and content that doesn't always step over itself. There's like, seven main plots of quests you can follow, and then there's like, what, seven more guilds you can finish? A shit ton of content, and not much repetition outside of basic gameplay. All the different stuff helps the game feel more populated and active.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just spent my 1000th hour in Skyrim.
Wow. Here I thought I played Skyrim a lot at 130 or so hours. 100 on my main character, 30 on all my others.
I got to about 70 hours and then just gave up. There is only so much repetition one can handle in a game...
Sometimes mods can fix these issues, but Skyrim is really boring in general. The landscape is surprisingly small and empty, and the towns are barren too.

Every play Morrowind? You might like that one better--loads of quests and content that doesn't always step over itself. There's like, seven main plots of quests you can follow, and then there's like, what, seven more guilds you can finish? A shit ton of content, and not much repetition outside of basic gameplay. All the different stuff helps the game feel more populated and active.
Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls game I have played. I would like to go back and try the others, something to work forward to I guess. I shall definitely keep Morrowind in mind.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 2 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played Catherine for the first time.
I didn't know what genre it was, except that it was a cartoon style.

It's surprisingly a puzzle game most of the time (too many cube to climb!).
and has a mystery, horror and unhealthy feeling the more you progress, I like it.
Letting you take choices give even more doubts on your progress.

I'm afraid of "dumping the girl" to get the good ending, so I skipped talking to the other girl, as a result it skipped the entire 3rd day's story :(
I should try dumping then :evil:

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just completed Saints Row 2. My original impression that it was a desperate GTA wannabe changed as I played it and towards the end I was rather enjoying it. Looking forward to playing Saints Row the Third.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
For me, nothing interesting this week. I've not played today yet, but yesterday I build a stone house in Minecraft, but I run out of stone to build the roof (I love and hate this "uncomplete" game everytime I play).

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls game I have played. I would like to go back and try the others, something to work forward to I guess. I shall definitely keep Morrowind in mind.

Keep in mind that the fight mechanics are somewhat different in Morrowind. It's like a dice roll everytime you swing your sword, so even if you see your five foot sword pass right through the enemy model, the game might decide that you miss 6 times out of 10... :P
It's a great game, but that little part is very annoying to me. (also, there is no fast traveling, except using a taxi-beast... forces you to walk and discover things in a good way!)

Oh, and this is my 3000th post. Yay me!

Reactions: 2 people

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just completed Saints Row 2. My original impression that it was a desperate GTA wannabe changed as I played it and towards the end I was rather enjoying it. Looking forward to playing Saints Row the Third.
Many people have told me the second is much better. The Third is still worth a shot though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse