Hardware What Card??

PhoenixRising

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Everyone,
Not sure this is the right place to post this question but here goes... I have a 3ds firmware Ver 11.02.35e, can anyone suggest what r4 card to get, i dont want to play in 3d ( though not ruling out that option), i just want to be able to play the latest games on my 3ds, Many thanks in advance..

Phoenixrising

PhoenixRising

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Salfay, sorry for not being clearer, yes i want to be able to play some classic ds games but also newer games including the ones that may only be available on the 3ds, though im not to bothered if they are in 3d.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for the reply Salfay, sorry for not being clearer, yes i want to be able to play some classic ds games but also newer games including the ones that may only be available on the 3ds, though im not to bothered if they are in 3d.
3ds games are different from ds games. they are like 2 different consoles...
the 3ds can be modified to allow you to run games of it's SD card... with the 3ds.guide previous user linked above
for DS games right now you need a DS flashcart. (a ds cart with a micro sd slot) or if you preefer to save your wallet, some proggress has been done to run ds games of the 3ds sd card however we are still not there yet...

a DS card will only be able to launch ds games (and ds homebrew)
a 3ds cart is now obsolete which enables you to run 3ds games (but you can just install cfw and run them off the 3ds internal sd)

Last edited by migles,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed this... https://3ds.guide/, is this just a Cfw and not homebrew?
you cant install a website....
not "just cfw". homebrew launcher is the lowest point in hacking your device... so "cfw" means you did it all the way to the end through decrypt9, godmode9 and luma, configured everything and have FBI on the home menu.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha.. no i didnt install the website, but i did follow the guide to the very end installing everything you have mentioned above.
Download CIAs or get FreeShop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download CIAs or get FreeShop.
Maybe CIAngel, but that one's pretty outdated.

esoomenona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play classic DS games, you can use this linker: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=135
I had the same question regarding which card. I saw a lot of suggestions for Gateway and R4i Gold. But those I suppose are mostly aimed at playing 3DS games as well? Which I don't really need it for because I have CFW. So this card is best for NDS games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Just went out to McDonalds.