Question What bounties did you guys have in mind?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it's best (with the backers we got now) to just give out GBAtemp themed mousemats and mugs and other paraphernalia.
If we got more backers, consoles/games will be given.

But yeh, I do like the Xecuter LCD chips of the old Xbox ;p

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys might be confusing the bounties with the raffle. I was talking about the entries for the bounties.

Edit, my bad. The op isn't worded very well. I meant entries instead of prizes.

Last edited by WeedZ,
D

Deleted User

Ooh I see. I'm not sure either, but here's some refresher threads from the past. Maybe that'll get some ideas going.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-bounty-2011-results-winners.300365/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-2011-homebrew-bounty.292978/
"Ends May 31st -- 15 days away"

guys I still have a chance

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, so honestly, I hope it's not anything in the 3ds scene. The whole thing is toxic, and the developers get hurt easily. Unless of course it's my homebrew ;)

But enough about that, I personally hope that something from the xbox scene or something of the sorts get's in. They hardly get any recognition

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A huge motivator for the English fan translators. I watch as these projects get going and stall out for years...money motivates. I'm waiting for the finish of Summon Night Swordcraft 3 for the GBA, and I believe a few others on the DS....its like Christmas when a title gets completed after years of effort. So bounty vote for English Translations.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since it will be something that is only 4 times a month and not only judged by complete randomness (just enough biased randomness), it should be something big enough to motivate, but not too big to bankrupt GBATemp. Since we don't really knows how much GBATemp needs vs can give, non-staff member can only give little insight as to pinpoint what kind of thing we would like to see (themed, not themed, custom-made...), but it will ultimately be a choice from the staff.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A huge motivator for the English fan translators. I watch as these projects get going and stall out for years...money motivates. I'm waiting for the finish of Summon Night Swordcraft 3 for the GBA, and I believe a few others on the DS....its like Christmas when a title gets completed after years of effort. So bounty vote for English Translations.
I am all for English Translation funding, but then the issue of being a paid translation arises, possibly putting the project in the crosshair for a C&D letter.

Reactions: Chary

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am all for English Translation funding, but then the issue of being a paid translation arises, possibly putting the project in the crosshair for a C&D letter.

What is the difference between this and funding emulators and such? The end user is the one who still has to download the rom and apply the "patch", the same with the emulators. Did the Mother 3 group get a C&D letter? So even though they did it for "free" there are tons of people using this IP. Just trying to figure it out. We are requesting an English translation of the text displayed in the game not the game itself, and that time is worth something. If cash won't do, then a gift of gold perhaps.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would actually like to see something really useful for the community like Luma CFW, but Aurora left the site sooo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or the 3ds guide, but I think he hates this site too...
I find these kinds of brilliant work, or hacks / exploits, to be really worthy of a reward...

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would actually like to see something really useful for the community like Luma CFW, but Aurora left the site sooo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or the 3ds guide, but I think he hates this site too...
I find these kinds of brilliant work, or hacks / exploits, to be really worthy of a reward...
Well, hopefully the bounties bring these people back. Or at least encourage some new devs.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Obviously I want to see switchhax /s

Fan translations sound like the best idea so far. There's one user around here that's doing a ton of translation projects of visual novels, and posting them solely on GBAtemp, which is cool. What's really a bummer, is that there's not as much a "simple" homebrew demand as there were back in the day. With the way that everyone has phones, media player homebrew like what was on the DS and Wii aren't as needed or wanted as much as they were. Plus the 3DS and Wii U are sorta near the end of their lifespan, no? How developed is the Wii U scene? Hmm... I suppose that just means devs need to think outside the box and surprise us!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would like to see some homebrew engine and interface that allows for creation of simple games for 3DS, inside the 3DS, Mario Maker style.

It should allow for most of the game to be developed inside the 3DS, including:
  • Level design/edit.
  • Logic for the game, in some very easy simplified way.
  • Creation and edition of assets, perhaps a sprite editor, or whatever.
  • Perhaps also creation of music inside the tool, providing some kind of very simple tracker.
  • Most important: Access to a cloud community service where assets and games could be shared
    • This should be a configurable server, and also the PC-side server tool should be created so anyone could host this service.
Additionally to the 3DS based engine and editor, many PC-side tools should be created:
  • The before mentioned PC-side server.
  • An editor and simulation tool so that games can also be developed and tested on PC.
  • Tools that allow importing more complex assets for later usage on 3DS.
The PC-side tools shall be multiplatform Windows/Linux/macOS.
Also the engine should be made with portability in mind, making it possible to port it to PSP/PS Vita/Switch or whatever in the future.
The engine should provide support for only one genre of games to make it simpler, e.g. either 2D Metroidvania, Visual Novel, Etrian Odyssey style-dungeon crawler, etc.

After that "hey, did you drink one too many bottle of beers last night" high-level draft of an SRS that requires a reality-check and a visit to the nearest mental institution, I would also like to see some game created on same engine.

Well, before someone calls 911 to report the sad lunatic talking nonsense, I would like to ask when is the first bounty coming along?

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1