What are your thoughts on Halo 4?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by xwatchmanx, Nov 6, 2012.

?

How do you rate Halo 4?

5 stars: It's amazing! 7 vote(s) 30.4%
4 stars: It's great! 4 vote(s) 17.4%
3 stars: It's good. 1 vote(s) 4.3%
2 stars: It's ok... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1 star: It's bad. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
0 stars: It's abysmal! 1 vote(s) 4.3%
N/A: I haven't played Halo 4, and I have no intention to. 10 vote(s) 43.5%
Nov 6, 2012

emigre In a constant struggle against my inner weeaboo

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I know a lot of people are fucking crazy over Halo.

/Just finished a shift at work.

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Message Count:
    United States
    Havent touched Campaign, but I'm loving the Multiplayer so far. It feels like they completely rehauled most if it, and it seems better.

Only annoyance now is how easily vehicles blow up :(. My Ghost used to be my haven, now I have to dodge and weave or worry about getting blown up by a hail of bullets. Still seems much more fun than Reach though, I just wish there were a few more maps at launch.
    • Global Moderator

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Message Count:
    United States
    I might have to take my 360 out of storage to rent this. I mean, I'm kind of sick of Halo, but the story keeps me interested, so I just feel obligated to at least play through the story mode.
    xwatchmanx likes this.

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

Message Count:
    United States
    Halo 4 is the most polished Xbox game to date. A lot of love and effort was put into making it a proper continuation of the series, and it doesn't disappoint. I'd say it's the best Halo since 2.

I'm still astounded how they were able to push the graphics so hard on a 7-year-old system. Looks nearly PC-level.
    xwatchmanx likes this.

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Message Count:
    United States
    As hard as I've tried, I just can't get into Halo... I bought 1 & 2 when I first got my 360 and maybe put an hour into 1... Picked up Halo 3, didn't care for it. Picked up ODST and put a few hours into. Reach came with my new slim, played it for about 45 minutes and deleted it off my harddrive to make room for Metro 2033 and Crysis 2... I have no idea what it is I dislike so much, just not for me I guess.
    • Reporter

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Message Count:
    United States
    I've found Halo to be thoroughly mediocre.

It's a shame, too, because I definitely do think there's potential. It could be a great series, but instead squanders all of that potential.

I've heard good things about this one, with even the guys over at Penny Arcade saying that the new developer made the game better than Bungie could have managed, so that's something. I might give this a shot, but we'll see how that goes.
    • Newcomer

wafflebeard New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm not far in the campaign but I've enjoyed what I've played. Multiplayer is excellent though, much better than Reach. Regicide is my favorite game type, so frantic and unpredictable.

Also if you haven't yet grab some friends, set up a custom game, and play Grifball. You can pass the ball now like in Oddball and the game doesn't reset after each point scored. The downside is people can camp the ball respawn point but I think the more fluid game experience is a good trade-off. My friends and I set the winning score at 15 and played a huge crazy game. Hopefully 343 brings it to online multiplayer soon, as tracking down 7 other mates to play with can be tough to pull off.

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's Maverick Hunter

Message Count:
    United States
    I just beat the game a week and a half ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was unforgivably short... Only 8 missions. Seriously, 343i??

slingblade1170 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I beat the campaign, spartan ops & hit SR 35 (which I am now a 71) in the first week of owning this game. I think its a great game and reminds me of Halo 3 instead of Reach which is a good thing cause I did not enjoy anything outside of Reach's campaign.