OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm about halfway through 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak. It's a fictional story about a little girl adopted by a family in Germany during Hitler's rise and World War 2. What's intriguing about the book is that it is narrated by Death, so you see everything from his point of view. It's quite imaginative but it's dragging a little in the middle, I hope it picks up pace towards the end.

So what is everyone else reading?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just finished The Stand (Full un-cut version, 1100-some pages) by Stephan King on Tuesday.. I've been reading it since mid July, but I took a break for 3 months due to school work.
tongue.gif

Right now, I'm reading 'My Lobotomy,' which is about some guy who got lobotomized (gasp?) and is basically writing his biography.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Catcher in the Rye. Honestly it's a terrible book. Holden Caulfied is the biggest asshole I've ever encountered. All he does is complain about his good life and constantly bitch and moan and try to act like a cool kid. Sad thing is, his physical description matches me almost word for word. 6'2", white hairs, etc. That's me.

The last book I read for myself (sinec Catcher is required school reading) is I Am America (And So Can You!). That book is hilarious.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently reading the Odyssey for english. I haven't read any books myself in awhile, only books for english. Fahreheit 451 was the last book I read for english, and I think the last pendragon was the last one I read on my own.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was reading Don Quixote by Cervantes until school work caught up and I lost the chance to lesiurely read. I was surprised by how accessible this book was despite it's age. I've found that most literary 'classics' are hopelessly inaccessible to anyone who is not interested in books from an academic perspective and thus tend to feel more like work than pleasure. This was a book that genuinely made me laugh and it was pretty solid up to the point I was forced to stopped. I think I'm going to do some more reading tonight.

Next book on my list:
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson - Recommended to me by a friend.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rereading WYRM (by Mark Fabi). I love this book, campy cybershit story by some author I don't really know who the fuck is. But it's awesome.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Guild McCommunist said:
The last book I read for myself (sinec Catcher is required school reading) is I Am America (And So Can You!). That book is hilarious.
thanks for the heads up, just started reading it and it's pretty good
biggrin.gif

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the middle of the new Wheel of Time book (#12) formerly by the lateRobert Jordan and currently by Brandon Sanderson. It's called The Gathering Storm.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The Lost Symbol right now too. Very good book. I think it's his best. I liked Angels and Demons but it was still too faith wavering being a Christian.
Also reading The Secrets of the Code by Dan Burnstein. Nice book. Explains a lot about The Da Vinci Code.
Also, PharaohsVizier, The Secrets of the Code has a ton references fitting your request. As in there are a ton of books I have never heard of in my life there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...