Hacking What are you most excited for hacking-wise?

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A way to backup and restore save files would be amazing.
Save states, rom hacks, translations and emulators close second on my list.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But Switch is region-free, so you should just be able to change your region to Japan in the system settings.
Well, I can't read Japanese. I just want the voice in japanese and the text in english or french. I usually prefer japanese voice for japanese game.

Honestly, I could stand with english voice (like I do usually in non dual audio game), and sometime they're very good. But from the trailer of Xenoblade 2, I found the english dub pretty horrible. I'll play the game anyway, but if I can not be bleeding from my ear it would be good

Last edited by Flirkyn,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont (dude doshin on the switch? killa!). But i would also linux and a linmugen port. i cannot wait for 2ds emulation that would be dope. Ps1 on that big screen? I cant wait to run policenauts on that!
You can't do Nintendont on Switch, probably GameCube emulation is possible tho, even wii

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nothing for me. If I want to play emulators then I've got Android and PC.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing for me. If I want to play emulators then I've got Android and PC.
Physical controls are better than touch screen. I've tried phone emulators and just can't get used to touchscreen controls. I could use a Bluetooth controller with a phone attachment, but if I'm already carrying a switch I would prefer to not also carry a controller around.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dolphin emulator port (if it's powerful enough) and a way to use 3rd party controllers. Seriously, just try playing GC games without analog triggers.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I can't read Japanese. I just want the voice in japanese and the text in english or french. I usually prefer japanese voice for japanese game.

Honestly, I could stand with english voice (like I do usually in non dual audio game), and sometime they're very good. But from the trailer of Xenoblade 2, I found the english dub pretty horrible. I'll play the game anyway, but if I can not be bleeding from my ear it would be good
Sorry for replying so late, but I think that games like Xenoblade 2 will have such an option:
  • the console is region-free, so the voice-over for another region would have to be included in the game (or as a free update, like in Breath of the Wild)
  • since the games have to have VA for multiple regions, it isn't really hard to code an option to change it,
  • the first Xenoblade had such an option,
  • the new Zelda game has this option, so Nintendo will probably code it into their other games

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sorry for replying so late, but I think that games like Xenoblade 2 will have such an option:
  • the console is region-free, so the voice-over for another region would have to be included in the game (or as a free update, like in Breath of the Wild)
  • since the games have to have VA for multiple regions, it isn't really hard to code an option to change it,
  • the first Xenoblade had such an option,
  • the new Zelda game has this option, so Nintendo will probably code it into their other games
Love to be an optimistic but their trailer clearly said that the game will only available with English voice. First Xenoblade had it doesn't mean second will, just like how FEA had dual audio but FEF didn't. BOTW had it probably because we whined long enough.

I don't think Xenoblade 2 will have dual audio, but I really really hope that they will.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Love to be an optimistic but their trailer clearly said that the game will only available with English voice. First Xenoblade had it doesn't mean second will, just like how FEA had dual audio but FEF didn't. BOTW had it probably because we whined long enough.

I don't think Xenoblade 2 will have dual audio, but I really really hope that they will.
Nobody said that the game would only have English VA. They probably chose to do a trailer in English because the whole E3 is in English and to show that this game can be played fully in English (because the previous trailers were in Japanese with English subtitles). I think that the developers are pretty much forced to include such an option because every game on the Switch is going to be region-free. That means that even if you'd buy this game from Japan, it should play exactly the same in the Europe/US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.