Hacking What are you most excited for hacking-wise?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Personally I would really like a version of Moonlight that runs on Switch, but it looks like Rainway might do the job.
And of course piracy, maybe GC/Wii emulation but not sure that can ever run fullspeed.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honnestly for now, a mean to use undub and uncensored patch. Heck, I would love to have that bzfore Xenoblade 2 (but I'm certainly dreaming)

D

Deleted User

Custom themes, fun/interesting homebrew, and the ability to use Android on it while also being able to easily switch back and forth between the Switch's OS and Android.

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I can't wait for people to stop whining about the whiny bitches that I've only seen maybe twice.
:^)

Ah yes, the old "I've only seen it 'x' amount of times, so it's impossible that's it's happening more then I have seen"

Because every thread about a new "hack" for the switch doesn't have someone ask "so will we be able to play backups soon?"

Reactions: omegasoul6

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like when we get enough power to run our own code, even for very simple things such as hello world, screen play (render color, or pixel on screens), audio, controller, etc. that's the funny part learning how the console is working, and gathering information about each processes and frame buffers, memory usage, etc.
I like it even more when we get internal file system access and we can understand how the OS is working so we can backup/restore our files as we pleased (savegame backup, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted User

Ah yes, the old "I've only seen it 'x' amount of times, so it's impossible that's it's happening more then I have seen"

Because every thread about a new "hack" for the switch doesn't have someone ask "so will we be able to play backups soon?"
That doesn't really come off as whining to me at all. Maybe being a bit impatient, but not whining.
That's why I'm saying I haven't really seen many people whining, that's mostly what I see when it comes to people asking about piracy or saying they'd like piracy on the Switch.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing! I hope the Switch hacking scene dies quickly and suffers a miserable death! the Switch is the only good thing going for Nintendo at the moment and has been for along time, hacking it wont give it any favors..

Last edited by Reecey,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nothing! I hope the Switch hacking scene dies quickly and suffers a miserable death! the Switch is the only good thing going for Nintendo at the moment and has been for along time, hacking it wont give it any favors..
And the Wii was cracked instantly so Modchip was with it, it's whole lifetime.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nothing at all.
Once the system is dead though, it'd be interesting for emulation, it'd be interesting to see GC or maybe PS2 emulation on it, but no idea if it'll be possible. For now, though, nothing at all as already mentioned.

Just let the system be successful for a couple years before any of those, especially piracy, I hope piracy is the last thing to arrive to the system, ideally way after it's dead.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there