What are the browsers that GBAtemp visitors use most?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Someone asked me the question a while ago and I thought I would share the information with you: what are the most used web browsers among GBAtemp visitors/users? The answers lie in the table below. Even though GBAtemp is not representative of the entire Internet obviously (we are merely a "subset" composed of tech-savvy and tech-friendly people, geeks, nerds) it is still interesting to see the trends among such a subset.

The table shows overall web browser usage from January 1st, 2014, until today which means a total of 75 days. We can see that over 4.5 million visits, nearly half were from visitors using Google Chrome, and a little less than 25% were using Firefox.

browsers.PNG

Obviously, tech friendly visitors know better than to use Internet Explorer. *wink*
What are your thoughts on this particular stat? What web browser do you use?

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use Chrome, but sometimes on a Mac I'll use Safari. I also only use Safari on my iPhone and iPad, since it really has improved and I can't stand Chrome's issues anymore.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Internet Explorer???
I'm using Chrome, but it's such a resource hog I'm considering using Firefox instead.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chrome is the best, period.
http://arstechnica.com/security/201...ome-extensions-to-send-adware-filled-updates/ (at least untill June I'd use Chrome without any extensions).

Internet Explorer???
I'm using Chrome, but it's such a resource hog I'm considering using Firefox instead.

Sadly there's no big difference in resource usage, as all full web 2.0 compatible browsers breath memory and cycles like air (my currently running FF session takes up 500MB RAM with 6 open tabs, producing 200 PageFaults per second (with more than 50% RAM available)). And links/lynx ain't that fun while wasting time on the net.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
only bug i've noticed in firefox is if you have multiple windows open now and than it will switch to one of the other ones when you click a link in the other one :P

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Firefox+Noscript beats all other browsers in terms of security. I'm only using chrome at the moment because it's the only browser this chromebook has, until I eventually decide to install xfce on it.

Also WTF @ Nintendo browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: