Hacking What are Cia's and how do i use them?

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you've formatted the 3ds for Emunand while in the gateway menu (this deletes everything on your SD card) you would need to go into system setting to see if it says GW3D (note leaving system settings after checking for GW3D will kick you back into sysnand).

I have my Nads linked and simply made folders spelling out

S Y S N A N A N D
and
E M U N A N A N D
for their respective Nands
damn so every time i wanna go in emunand i have to format it and delete evrything?

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no you just click boot gateway mode like normal with the red card in, formatting for Emunand is a 1 time deal.
ah iv alrdy formatted it and have emuanand up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no you just click boot gateway mode like normal with the red card in, formatting for Emunand is a 1 time deal.
i have installed bigbluebox onto my ds what should i do now to be able to play poekmon x and or and supoer smash bros online?

i have installed bigbluebox onto my ds what should i do now to be able to play poekmon x and or and supoer smash bros online?
do i put the freeeshop file u linked onto the sd for gw or the 3ds sd card

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do i put the freeeshop file u linked onto the sd for gw or the 3ds sd card
Put it onto your sd card make a folder called CIA (so you can know where all your installable CIA's are) and install it through titlemanager then simply run it (the spooder app) and open the Eshop like you normally would and download anything you need.

Dont forget to boot gateway Sysnand mode first (Hold B while clicking boot gateway mode and when prompted Press X)

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Put it onto your sd card make a folder called CIA (so you can know where all your installable CIA's are) and install it through titlemanager the simply run it and open the Eshop like you normally would and download anything you need.

Dont forget to boot gateway Sysnand mode first (Hold B while clicking boot gateway mode and when prompted Press X)
yehn which sd card the 3ds one or the gateway one?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the eshop says that when i try download something i think my sd card is 2 or 4 gb
well at least you managed to get it working which is a good start. try to buy yourself a bigger SD card or delete titles from the SD card in the system settings menu you don't need including any CIA's you have already installed.

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the eshop says that when i try download something i think my sd card is 2 or 4 gb
am i able to get the rom off the internet then download the update off the eshop?

well at least you managed to get it working which is a good start. try to buy yourself a bigger SD card or delete titles from the SD card in the system settings menu you don't need including any CIA's you have already installed.
how much does an sd card cost?

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh
Yes this is what everyone does as installing updates as CIA's can become corrupt at times(people used CIA updates when they were desperate but now we can spoof eShop).
cause my gateway micro sd has 32gb on it so its propably better to download the games onto the micro sd then update off the eshop

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i able to get the rom off the internet then download the update off the eshop?

how much does an sd card cost?
A good 32gb SD card from amazon is only 15$ http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor...pebp=1435747462972&perid=019GZH248GYYRTZ55G5Z

or 25$ at walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-Ultra-32GB-Class-10-SDHC-Memory-Card/22249266

yeh

cause my gateway micro sd has 32gb on it so its propably better to download the games onto the micro sd then update off the eshop
pretty much what you should do I believe i've told you where you can find any and all 3DS dumps already good luck.

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A good 32gb SD card from amazon is only 15$ http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor...pebp=1435747462972&perid=019GZH248GYYRTZ55G5Z

or 25$ at walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-Ultra-32GB-Class-10-SDHC-Memory-Card/22249266

pretty much what you should do I believe i've told you where you can find any and all 3DS dumps already good luck.
iv laso got my own header which i have put onto the roms i want to play online and changed them to .3dz and now just updating those games

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv laso got my own header which i have put onto the roms i want to play online and changed them to .3dz and now just updating those games
that works fine as well just download 3DS dumps from that site it shouldn't be to hard to find and import your private header using the gateway rom patcher I linked you.

Blocked Name

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
that works fine as well just download 3DS dumps from that site it shouldn't be to hard to find and import your private header using the gateway rom patcher I linked you.
thanks for all your help man greatly appreciated :) really big help being new to this stuff

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it never ends now when i click select it says file system error.....
you mean to load a rom in the gateway pop menu? format the Microsd card using SDFormatter4 (turn format size adjust and full erase on) and drag the .3DZ rom into the root of the card. once the rom(s) are on the microsd right click on the drive its mounted on and eject it safely.

If you think your microsd card is fake or is dying on you, you can test it using h2testw
this will require a format and may be slow if you have a slow PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.