Hacking what are all the flash card that works on the 3ds firmware 4.5.0-10? and which one is the best?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, crap. My R4i Gold 3DS doesn't work on the latest update. Even after I tried to update the kernel. I"m thinking about buying a DSTWO, but now I'm hearing about the CPU drain.

what to do :angry:
1 - You run the firmware update, not the kernel/Wood one.

2 - The normal drain isn't nearly as large as people make it out.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-ds-battery-test-thread-in-the-world.289020/

3 - The drain in "sleep mode" is because the DS doesn't have a sleep mode, it just turns the screens off and tells the game to shut up. The same happens with legit games. I can be playing my retail SoulSilver cart on my DSi, shut the lid, sleep, wake up and it's in the red.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A black screen is either a contact issue or something else, if it was blocked it'd show an error, and if it couldn't update the update wouldn't have fun.

There's TWO carts called "revision C", they got lazy or forgetful and didn't change the label during one of the changes. Some work, some do not.

There is no power drain when the system's off.

PyroJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drain in "sleep mode" is because the DS doesn't have a sleep mode, it just turns the screens off and tells the game to shut up. The same happens with legit games. I can be playing my retail SoulSilver cart on my DSi, shut the lid, sleep, wake up and it's in the red.
Of course the way you describe it you would expect it to drain. That's not the issue, it's when you have the game in the slot but you don't even have it loaded, the 3DS is in the main menu with nothing loaded and still drains faster then if it had any any card in there. Though if you don't keep it in sleep mode then it isn't an issue, though the 3DS was designed to stay on.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did I say kernel? Oops, I meant update. I updated the cart and it shows a Japanese game icon. But when I load it, it's just a black screen. I was reading around and my cart (Rev C) doesn't work.

Does it drain the 3DS power when the system's off? I don't ever leave my 3DS in sleep mode

You have updated your card with a Japanese game icon , which means you have updated your card with success. You have just got two black sreens and there must be something wrong with the kernel?
You should tell us the procedures you have updated your card.
You need to goto www.r4ids.cn and download WOOD R4 V1.56.
Just unzip it to the root directory of your tf card.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I updated the kernel and it works now. Wow, I was almost about to buy a new one. Thanks!

edit: I spy RTS in the settings! Doesn't work for me though.

You need to enable RTS in the global settings.
Just press L+R+DOWN+X+Y and you can get the RTS menu.
That's all.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one of the new R4iSDHC Silver-RTS Lite cards from NDS-Card.com. Took almost a month to arrive, it cost $13.99, and it was pre-updated for 4.5.10 when I got it.

It's cheap, it works, and it has real-time save. Good enough for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple