Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fluttercry said:
Wheres the "I don't use one" option?

I disable/choose not to use any anti-virus software because I don't get viruses. All anti-virus software do is stop something you're too ignorant to stop yourself. I don't download suspicious torrents, open scheme attachments, and when I go to a site with popups despite having Adblocker active, I force close that window to prevent any chance of unwanted downloads. I've been doing these things for over half a decade and I've been virus free for over half a decade.

I see no point in installing something that does what I already know instinctively what to do.

Though if I had to recommend one for someone, I'd say Avast as it gets alot of praise.
how do you know that you dont have any virii when you dont have anti-virus software?

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:
I use AVG.

AlanJohn said:
Mac's don't need anti-viruses.
unsure.gif
This made me laugh. Macs can easily get viruses, it's just that no one cares enough about them to make one.

... You need ...
LulzSec!

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft Security Essentials.

I don't even see the thing until it needs to be seen. Which is to warn me about stuff.

It starts silently and updates silently.
Ah.

katimus_prime

Trophies
Website
godsibb.net
XP
Country
United States
I was rather fond of Kaspersky when I had it, but when I ran out of money, I turned to Avast!. It's kinda been bloating up on me, but I only need it when I run my VMWare environment on my mac. Got recommended Avira, but haven't had the chance to install it yet.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sausage Head said:
Fluttercry said:
Wheres the "I don't use one" option?

I disable/choose not to use any anti-virus software because I don't get viruses. All anti-virus software do is stop something you're too ignorant to stop yourself. I don't download suspicious torrents, open scheme attachments, and when I go to a site with popups despite having Adblocker active, I force close that window to prevent any chance of unwanted downloads. I've been doing these things for over half a decade and I've been virus free for over half a decade.

I see no point in installing something that does what I already know instinctively what to do.

Though if I had to recommend one for someone, I'd say Avast as it gets alot of praise.
how do you know that you dont have any virii when you dont have anti-virus software?
Just ignore her, that was njrg again trying to start shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey