Hacking What 3DS homebrew you'd like to see ?

industrai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would personally love to see a gryoscope controlled FPS, in 3D of course. Look at this video to get an idea of what could be..

There is already a 3D port of Quake 2, if it could be ported over then it is only a matter of mapping the controls to the gyroscopic sensors.

I'd also like a DLNA media server client to be created for the 3DS, so that 3D television programs and movies could be displayed on the 3DS. The DLNA media server could recognize the client type and transcode on the fly the 3D broadcasts to a format the 3DS client could display. I would actually consider watching 3D TV if it was glasses free.

Here's some other homebrew apps I would like to see, if Nintendo doesn't release anything official that is...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
wiimote application to play with the wii emulator dolphin though i find it quite hard. OR use it as a remote for all sorts of emus on different consoles and the pc
I'm pretty sure the 3DS isn't strong enough to emulate the Wii.

volke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either a web browser with flash-player or a stand alone youtube app, So I can lay down and watch stuff.
yaynds.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to see a 3D modelling program like Z-Brush or Sculptris ported to the 3DS.
3D modelling with a 3D display, that'd be cool!

machomuu said:
shakirmoledina said:
wiimote application to play with the wii emulator dolphin though i find it quite hard. OR use it as a remote for all sorts of emus on different consoles and the pc
I'm pretty sure the 3DS isn't strong enough to emulate the Wii.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about using the 3DS as a Wiimote, or generic controller for use with the PC.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
App : Media Center and YouTube player with search and favorites
Game : Pipe Dream
Port : Super Cosplay War Ultra
Emulator : NeoGeo / CPS2

About emulators, what would RLY be awesome, is the possibility to set different layers to display on different screen (for 2 games of course). This could apply to nes, snes, gb, gba, genesis, gg named-it-any-8-&-16-bit console.

Pip'

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 Emulator... the PSP can barely manage it... Some games like Super Mario 64 run almost perfectly. With sound disabled you could consider Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros and a few others to be full speed on the PSP.... Hell, I even beat Star Fox 64 on my PSP...

If it gets to the point that the 3DS is hacked to the level that homebrew devs can take full advantage of all the 3DS' capabilities, it should, I think anyway, be able to run a full speed N64 emulator...

I really hope it happens to... Doesn't matter if it's on the 3DS or the NGP (I'll be getting both) cause I'd just really like to play Conker's Bad Fur Day and WWF No Mercy on the go...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol