Hacking wfsdump - PC util for dumping WFS devices (WiiU File System)

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
EDIT: the tool is now named wfs-extract

After a lot of research and reversing of the proprietary file system, I finally released wfsdump - a tool for dumping the content of WFS devices. (MLC or USB). wfsdump is a is a quick command line tool that I created that wraps wfslib, the C++ library for WFS that I released among it.
Right now this library only support reading files. Modifying WFS will require much more work and isn't planned right now, but may happen in the future. (I don't know if or when I will work on it).

I don't have any plan to release GUI util right now. Feel free to make one using this library.

The only thing that isn't supported right now are links, which are ignored currently by wfsdump.

Download (Source)
see also: wfs-fuse

Usage
wfsdump
Code:
wfsdump --help

Code:
Usage: wfsdump --input <input file> --output <output directory> --otp <opt path> [--seeprom <seeprom path>] [--mlc] [--usb] [--dump-path <directory to dump>] [--verbos]
Allowed options:
  --help                 produce help message
  --input arg            input file
  --output arg           ouput directory
  --otp arg              otp file
  --seeprom arg          seeprom file (required if usb)
  --dump-path arg (=/)   directory to dump (default: "/")
  --mlc                  device is mlc (default: device is usb)
  --usb                  device is usb
  --verbos               verbos output

Example
Dump mlc from backup
Code:
wfsdump --input mlc.full.img --output dump_dir --otp otp.bin --mlc

Dump USB device under Windows
(Needed to be run with administrator previliges, so run from privileged command line)
Code:
wfsdump --input \\.\PhysicalDrive3 --output dump_dir --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin

You need to replace PhsyicalDrive3 with the correct device, you can figure it out with this PowerShell command
Code:
Get-WmiObject Win32_DiskDrive

Dump USB device under Linux
Code:
sudo wfsdump --input /dev/sdb --output dump_dir --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin

Build
Linux
Install the requirements
Code:
sudo apt-get install g++ make libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libcrypto++-dev

Run the makefile
Code:
make wfsdump
(or make if you want to build all the tools, requires also libfuse-dev)

Visual Studio
Visual Studio 2015 project file is provided. This project depends on the libraries boost and Crypto++. Configuration of those libraries include path and lib path is required.

Last edited by EyeKey,

Peligropowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I finally released wfsdump - a tool for dumping the content of WFS devices. (MLC or USB). wfsdump is a is a quick command line tool that I created that wraps wfslib, the C++ library for WFS that I released among it.
Right now this library only support reading files. Modifying WFS will require much more work and isn't planned right now, but may happen in the future. (I don't know if or when I will work on it).

I don't have any plan to release GUI util right now. Feel free to make one using this library.

The only thing that isn't supported right now are links, which are ignored currently by wfsdump.

Download (Source)

Copied from README:

Usage
wfsdump
Code:
wfsdump --help

Code:
Usage: wfsdump --input <input file> --output <output directory> --otp <opt path> [--seeprom <seeprom path>] [--mlc] [--usb] [--dump-path <directory to dump>] [--sector-size 9/11/12] [--verbos]
Allowed options:
  --sector-size arg (=9) sector log2 size of device. 9 for 512 bytes (default), 11 for 2048 bytes and 12 for 4096 bytes

Example
Dump mlc from backup
Code:

(Needed to be run with administrator previliges, so run from privileged command line)

Code:
wfsdump --input \\.\PhysicalDrive3 --output dump_dir --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin --sector-size 9

You can figure out the correct device id and sector size by running the PowerShell command:

Code:
Get-Disk | Format-List

Look in the outpuf for those lines for your device: (Replace PhysicalDrive3 in the example command with the correct device number)

Code:
Number             : 3
PhysicalSectorSize : 512

For 512 bytes, specify 9 (the default), for 2048 bytes sepcify --sector-size 11, and for 4096 bytes specify --sector-size 12. Flash drives usually use sector size 512 bytes, and HDD usually uses 4096. (Older may use 2048).

Build
This project depends on the libraries boost and Crypto++. Visual Studio 2015 project file is provided (Configuration of those libraries include path and lib path is required).
Great news. Good work. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I finally released wfsdump - a tool for dumping the content of WFS devices. (MLC or USB). wfsdump is a is a quick command line tool that I created that wraps wfslib, the C++ library for WFS that I released among it.

Download (Source)

Copied from README:

Usage
wfsdump
Code:
wfsdump --help

Code:
Usage: wfsdump --input <input file> --output <output directory> --otp <opt path> [--seeprom <seeprom path>] [--mlc] [--usb] [--dump-path <directory to dump>] [--sector-size 9/11/12] [--verbos]
Allowed options:
  --sector-size arg (=9) sector log2 size of device. 9 for 512 bytes (default), 11 for 2048 bytes and 12 for 4096 bytes

Example
Dump mlc from backup
Code:

Code:
wfsdump --input \\.\PhysicalDrive3 --output dump_dir --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin --sector-size 9

You can figure out the correct device id and sector size by running the PowerShell command:

Code:
Get-Disk | Format-List

Look in the outpuf for those lines for your device: (Replace PhysicalDrive3 in the example command with the correct device number)

Code:
Number             : 3
PhysicalSectorSize : 512

For 512 bytes, specify 9 (the default), for 2048 bytes sepcify --sector-size 11, and for 4096 bytes specify --sector-size 12. Flash drives usually use sector size 512 bytes, and HDD usually uses 4096. (Older may use 2048).

Build
This project depends on the libraries boost and Crypto++. Visual Studio 2015 project file is provided (Configuration of those libraries include path and lib path is required).
Awesome work, I know lots of people have been waiting for a tool like this.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congratulations for your awesome program!
This is the first step for something bigger on last fw...
Dump mlc from backup
Sorry to bother you, but the MLC key is a per console unique key, right?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@EyeKey Could this be adapted to reencrypt the files (without modification) with a different key?
I mean, could you skip the additional troublesome operations by keeping the the metadata (hashes, owners, permissions, IVs, etc) in a separate file and use that to reencrypt the dumped files?

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
@EyeKey Could this be adapted to reencrypt the files (without modification) with a different key?
I mean, could you skip the additional troublesome operations by keeping the the metadata (hashes, owners, permissions, IVs, etc) in a separate file and use that to reencrypt the dumped files?
I am not planning to do it. (it is open-source, so if someone else want to do it..).
And right now I don't even parse everything in the filesystem, the Area object is pointing to few more metadata blocks that I don't read or parse at all, and they need to be reencrypted too, and I have no idea if they point to more metadata pages, they probably do.

And another small thought, you don't even need to know the correct IV of each block to decrypt and reencrypt it correctly, because it is CBC, but you do need to know where each block start and end, and there are different sizes of blocks (0x1000, 0x2000, 0x8000). (So you need to parse the filesystem anyway...)

Last edited by EyeKey,
Reactions: piratesephiroth

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your work on the wfs format, I appreciate it.

any chance of proper macOS support? I was trying to build this on 10.12.6 but ran into some errors... I used Homebrew to get the dependencies ("brew install boost cryptopp"), then tried to build wfslib/wfslib, and this is the output (note g++ is actually clang)
Code:
g++ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 Area.cpp -o Area.o
In file included from Area.cpp:8:
In file included from ./Area.h:13:
./Block.h:43:15: error: implicit instantiation of undefined template 'std::__1::basic_string<char,
      std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >'
                std::string msg;
                            ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iosfwd:193:33: note:
      template is declared here
    class _LIBCPP_TYPE_VIS_ONLY basic_string;
                                ^
In file included from Area.cpp:9:
./MetadataBlock.h:19:15: error: 'MetadataBlock::Fetch' hides overloaded virtual function [-Werror,-Woverloaded-virtual]
        virtual void Fetch(bool check_hash = true);
                     ^
./Block.h:31:15: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'Block::Fetch' declared here: different number of parameters
      (0 vs 1)
        virtual void Fetch();
                     ^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [Area.o] Error 1
to use actual g++ (from brew, replacing CXX with g++-7 in wfslib/wfslib/Makefile) results in no errors. but then wfslib/wfsdump doesn't build for some reason (regardless of compiler)
Code:
g++-7 -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 main.cpp -o main.o
g++-7 main.o -L../ -lwfs -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_program_options -lcryptopp -o wfsdump
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "boost::program_options::to_internal(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)", referenced from:
      std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > boost::program_options::to_internal<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >(std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)", referenced from:
      _main in main.o
  "boost::program_options::arg[abi:cxx11]", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char>::name() const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_additional_parser(boost::function1<std::pair<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&>)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::extra_parser(boost::function1<std::pair<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&>) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline(std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::basic_command_line_parser(int, char const* const*) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::validate(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, int)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char>::xparse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&) const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::program_options::options_description const&)", referenced from:
      _main in main.o
  "boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::variables_map::operator[](std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>::parse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&, bool) const", referenced from:
      vtable for boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char> in main.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wfsdump] Error 1
I may just be missing something, I don't know.

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
thanks for your work on the wfs format, I appreciate it.

any chance of proper macOS support? I was trying to build this on 10.12.6 but ran into some errors... I used Homebrew to get the dependencies ("brew install boost cryptopp"), then tried to build wfslib/wfslib, and this is the output (note g++ is actually clang)
Code:
g++ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 Area.cpp -o Area.o
In file included from Area.cpp:8:
In file included from ./Area.h:13:
./Block.h:43:15: error: implicit instantiation of undefined template 'std::__1::basic_string<char,
      std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >'
                std::string msg;
                            ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iosfwd:193:33: note:
    class _LIBCPP_TYPE_VIS_ONLY basic_string;
                                ^
In file included from Area.cpp:9:
./MetadataBlock.h:19:15: error: 'MetadataBlock::Fetch' hides overloaded virtual function [-Werror,-Woverloaded-virtual]
        virtual void Fetch(bool check_hash = true);
                     ^
./Block.h:31:15: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'Block::Fetch' declared here: different number of parameters
      (0 vs 1)
        virtual void Fetch();
                     ^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [Area.o] Error 1
to use actual g++ (from brew, replacing CXX with g++-7 in wfslib/wfslib/Makefile) results in no errors. but then wfslib/wfsdump doesn't build for some reason (regardless of compiler)
Code:
g++-7 -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 main.cpp -o main.o
g++-7 main.o -L../ -lwfs -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_program_options -lcryptopp -o wfsdump
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "boost::program_options::to_internal(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)", referenced from:
      std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > boost::program_options::to_internal<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >(std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)", referenced from:
      _main in main.o
  "boost::program_options::arg[abi:cxx11]", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char>::name() const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_additional_parser(boost::function1<std::pair<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&>)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::extra_parser(boost::function1<std::pair<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&>) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline(std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::basic_command_line_parser(int, char const* const*) in main.o
  "boost::program_options::validate(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, int)", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char>::xparse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&) const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::program_options::options_description const&)", referenced from:
      _main in main.o
  "boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const", referenced from:
      boost::program_options::variables_map::operator[](std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const in main.o
  "boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>::parse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&, bool) const", referenced from:
      vtable for boost::program_options::typed_value<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, char> in main.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wfsdump] Error 1
I may just be missing something, I don't know.
Thank for your report, I have fixed those error, now you can compile this project with clang.
About the second one, check out this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...gram-options-on-mac-os-x-with-g-4-8-mac-ports
you need to get the right variant of boost (but you should probably use clang)

If you don't want to compile the new fuse app (will fail on mac?) just run "make wfsdump" to compile only wfsdump.

Last edited by EyeKey,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for your report, I have fixed those error, now you can compile this project with clang.
About the second one, check out this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...gram-options-on-mac-os-x-with-g-4-8-mac-ports
you need to get the right variant of boost (but you should probably use clang)

If you don't want to compile the new fuse app (will fail on mac?) just run "make wfsdump" to compile only wfsdump.
wfslib builds with clang now (no errors/warnings), but wfsdump now produces some new errors.
Code:
$ make wfsdump
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C wfslib
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C wfsdump
g++ -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 main.cpp -o main.o
In file included from main.cpp:10:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/fstream:170:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:295:26: error:
      implicit instantiation of undefined template 'std::__1::ctype<unsigned char>'
                if (!__ct.is(__ct.space, *__i))
                         ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1230:16: note:
      in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char, std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char>
      >::sentry::sentry' requested here
        sentry __sen(*this, true);
               ^
main.cpp:37:12: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
      std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char> >::read' requested here
                                stream.read(&*data.begin(), std::min(data.size(), to_read));
                                       ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__locale:429:53: note:
template <class _CharT> class _LIBCPP_TYPE_VIS_ONLY ctype;
                                                    ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__locale:187:54: error:
    return static_cast<const _Facet&>(*__l.use_facet(_Facet::id));
                                                     ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:291:41: note:
      in instantiation of function template specialization 'std::__1::use_facet<std::__1::ctype<unsigned char> >'
      requested here
            const ctype<_CharT>& __ct = use_facet<ctype<_CharT> >(__is.getloc());
                                        ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1230:16: note:
      in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char, std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char>
               ^
main.cpp:37:12: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
                                       ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__locale:429:53: note:
                                                    ^
2 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [wfsdump] Error 2
I did also just try to build wfs-fuse and some of the errors seemed similar
Code:
$ make wfs-fuse
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C wfs-fuse
g++ -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 wfs-fuse.cpp -o wfs-fuse.o
In file included from wfs-fuse.cpp:12:
In file included from ../wfslib/WfsLib.h:11:
In file included from ../wfslib/FileDevice.h:12:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iostream:40:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:295:26: error:
                         ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1411:16: note:
               ^
wfs-fuse.cpp:81:9: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
      std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char> >::seekg' requested here
        stream.seekg(offset, stream.beg);
               ^
                                                    ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__locale:187:54: error:
                                                     ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:291:41: note:
      in instantiation of function template specialization 'std::__1::use_facet<std::__1::ctype<unsigned char> >'
      requested here
                                        ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1411:16: note:
               ^
wfs-fuse.cpp:81:9: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
               ^
                                                    ^
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iostream:40:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1230:16: error:
      no matching constructor for initialization of 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
      std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char> >::sentry'
               ^     ~~~~~~~~~~~
wfs-fuse.cpp:82:9: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
        stream.read(reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*>(buf), size);
               ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:267:5: note:
      candidate constructor not viable: requires 1 argument, but 2 were provided
    sentry(const sentry&); // = delete;
    ^
3 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [wfs-fuse.o] Error 1
make: *** [wfs-fuse] Error 2

Last edited by ihaveahax,

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
wfslib builds with clang now (no errors/warnings), but wfsdump now produces some new errors.
Code:
$ make wfsdump
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C wfsdump
g++ -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 main.cpp -o main.o
In file included from main.cpp:10:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/fstream:170:
                         ^
               ^
                                       ^
                                                    ^
                                                     ^
      requested here
                                        ^
               ^
                                       ^
                                                    ^
2 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [wfsdump] Error 2
I did also just try to build wfs-fuse and some of the errors seemed similar
Code:
$ make wfs-fuse
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C wfs-fuse
g++ -I../ -c -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 wfs-fuse.cpp -o wfs-fuse.o
                         ^
               ^
               ^
                                                    ^
                                                     ^
      requested here
                                        ^
               ^
               ^
                                                    ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:1230:16: error:
      no matching constructor for initialization of 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
      std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char> >::sentry'
               ^     ~~~~~~~~~~~
wfs-fuse.cpp:82:9: note: in instantiation of member function 'std::__1::basic_istream<unsigned char,
        stream.read(reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*>(buf), size);
               ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/istream:267:5: note:
      candidate constructor not viable: requires 1 argument, but 2 were provided
    sentry(const sentry&); // = delete;
    ^
3 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [wfs-fuse.o] Error 1
make: *** [wfs-fuse] Error 2
I think that I fixed it, can you try again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"