WFC bans?

• Thread starter CasperH
  • Start date
  • Views 2,771
  • Replies 19
C

CasperH

Nintendo WFC ban rumours

We have read reports and been spammed on Wiibrew with the claim that Nintendo is banning Mario Kart users from the online WFC mode if they have The Homebrew Channel installed.

There is very little information regarding the claimed issue. However, considering HBC is not a prerequisite for Mario Kart online cheating, nor does it have any direct relationship with it, and especially considering the ease with which we could change HBC’s Title ID, I think it’d be incredibly foolish for Nintendo to do this. They aren’t the brightest of the lot, but they’re not that stupid.

I have succeeded in playing a perfectly normal WFC match on-line with Mario Kart while HBC (1.0.1) was installed. There was no sign of trouble or errors at all.

Unless we get multiple, verifiable reports of people who have never cheated at Mario Kart or performed any modifications whatsoever, and who do not have and have never had any other installable homebrew other than HBC and no other modifications (that means no region changes, no downgrades, no IOS16, no cIOS, no warez launchers, and no other unofficial channels), no modchip, and a legit, in-region copy of Mario Kart, I am forced to conclude that whoever made this claim hasn’t done their research properly.

I would like to remind you that we in no way condone on-line game cheating. Try playing like a normal user a few times. I just got a golden mushroom without having to patch memory and screw up other players; I’m sure you can too.

Source: www.hackmii.com

DBMONK

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the heads up..... not usefull to me.... but i had better warn my friends, just in case XD

thanks again *runs off to the phone*

yay.gif

C

CasperH

DBMONK said:
Thanks for the heads up..... not usefull to me.... but i had better warn my friends, just in case XD

thanks again *runs off to the phone*

yay.gif
Your welcome
smile.gif

I tried and I've hacked once (wasn't fun so i stopped) but no error atm...
It seems that if you do something suspicious they scan for the ticket.

PS: if you look at the site of Nintendo it is an official ban code!!

DBMONK

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
boohoo? Is it really a loss getting banned from WFC? It's the poorest excuse for an online service anyways, you might aswell play against the computer because it feels no different at all.

LMFAO you make a good point...... what are they all PRO karter's.....
i allways get my ass handed to me gift wrapped on wifi XD
hate2.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm just saying its a poor excuse and lacks the feel of a proper system. Its good to see nintendo taking a positive stance about this kinda stuff tho, now if their online system was great thet it'd maybe make people think twice bout pirating.

C

CasperH

jaxxster said:
I'm just saying its a poor excuse and lacks the feel of a proper system. Its good to see nintendo taking a positive stance about this kinda stuff tho, now if their online system was great thet it'd maybe make people think twice bout pirating.
It isn't about pirating...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that kind of sucks for those who want to use the Wii to go online, as well as utilize the homebrew channel. But if there's any truth to the rumor, I'll be glad to see the Mario Kart Wii cheaters dwindle. It's the only online Wii game I give a rat's ass about, and there's nothing more frustrating than watching someone spam power-ups right out of the starting gate. It was cute the first couple of times, but I'll get some satisfaction if a few of these assholes get banned.

That said, I don't see how it would work. So far as I've experienced, it's not like Nintendo gives you an option to report people in any way that's viable.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They starting banning people before in Metroid Prime Hunters. Basically people who hacked the leader boards were banned and couldnt go on WFC anymore for any game. They just banned their Wifi ID or their System ID (was one of those. I forgot which one). When he person tried logging on, it gave them some error message

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just been on mario kart for about an hour no problems so it may only be for cheats i dont know but its still connected and all is fine

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Zerrix said:
lol!
Is Nintendo now even working with Microsoft together?
haha they stole their idea of banning^^

then microsoft stole the ideia of game banning from blizzard in battle.net... that has existed for ages way before the xbox live and whatnots...

and blizzard stole the ideia from i dunno who made i dont know what game... and so on so on...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nintendo's idea of banning isn't too effective seeing as a simple format of your Wii enables you to play online again. That being said I don't think that people gets banned for using the Homebrew Channel, I find it more likely that the banned players have used cheats in online play and that is why they were banned.

They'd have to do IP-banning to really stop the cheaters from playing or introduce a decent online service that would feature the ability to ban cheaters.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the big deal. Not being able to play multiplayer is a pretty traditional response to piracy. If you want online, buy it to support the service same as everybody else. The difference is using a game resources without permission, and exploiting a _service_ that the company has to pay to maintain. Nintendo would be right to crack down on this.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree (I think) with dib. Cheating online = not okay, gaming the leaderboards (I heard a lot about this with SF4 for the 360) should also be banned. HBC, not so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious