Homebrew Weird Thing Happened W/ Saves

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing dkc returns via usb loader gx on the wii u. I was pretty far into my second game (145%). then, one day, after messing with save manager gx, the save changed to about 75%. I think it loaded a different save than the one I was using. I've had no issues with saves via usb loader gx since. however, last night, I made a wii inject of dkc returns. the save I mentioned before suddenly was back. is there some way in which usb loader gx looks in a different location for saves? I have them all backed up in the savegames folder. thanks. I hope this is understandable. @Cyan or anyone else

edit: I forgot to mention that usb loader gx is still using that newer save while the wii inject is using the older one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii inject is probably using the save located on the NAND, while the game launched from USBLoaderGX is probably using the savegame located on emuNAND.

redirecting savegame to EmuNAND is an option of USBLoaders, you can enable it globaly or individually.
you can check the game settings (global and individual) to verify if it's using emuNAND save : partial or full. (both have the same effect on the savegame)

Reactions: godreborn

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, if that's what you want.

emuNAND save redirection is mostly used if you have not enough free blocs on your Wii, or if you want portable saves when playing on different consoles (keeping your own SD card or USB with your own game progress)

Remember, you can enable it globally, and disable it individually for only this game if you want.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...