Hardware Weird System Transfer error

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was system transferring from my console to a friends console because they never use it and mine was breaking. Both had cfw luma + boot9strap set up. So half way into transferring my stuff I hit an error and now the transfer "completed" in the sense that I have my NNID on the proper target console, but its not recognizing any of my saves on my SD card or on the backup of said SD card. its also not recognizing any of the games I have on the card and if I bother to redownload my games they *still* won't recognize the save data. Help?

While it would be a total pain to recover 70 gb worth of games manually, I'd be ok with it if I could at least have it recognize my saves. That's a lot of time investment to lose

Last edited by Supah,

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured since I still physically had the stupid files they would be recoverable. Is there really nothing I can do?

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did so before since I've heard that and no dice unfortunately
Sorry to double post but I don't see an editing feature. Is it possible to manually inject the saves if I use JKSM and hunt down the .sav files in all my game folders?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to double post but I don't see an editing feature. Is it possible to manually inject the saves if I use JKSM and hunt down the .sav files in all my game folders?
That would be a no. JKSM uses decrypted save files with the games. The .sav files that you will find in your game folders and encrypted and it would not be able to read them.

Also just a future note for you. Under Messaging tools. You will find a drop down arrow which will have both, report, and edit listed. This is how you can edit and add more to a post you have made.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing with my luck there's no tool to decrypt the files in existence aside from JKSM used normally? I wonder if it would recognize that my files were there if I used it which might be my next idea if no one else has advice to offer

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm guessing with my luck there's no tool to decrypt the files in existence aside from JKSM used normally? I wonder if it would recognize that my files were there if I used it which might be my next idea if no one else has advice to offer
What does the interior of the Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card of the target 3DS look like?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
http://imgur.com/a/USU1s this is how it originally looked because i tried to combine the folder from the original target ds misunderstanding the system transfer prompt

http://imgur.com/a/k0ldP currently it looks like this. this folder in particular is 100% a backup from the source ds and contains all the files and saves etc.
And there was no difference between these two SD setups?

Another question: with these games, were they legitimately bought, or downloaded through FreeShop/installed via .cia files?

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The majority were legitimately purchased, some were cias and some were cias of snes games that I haven't even tried reinstalling yet b/c I want to deal with the overarching problem before i look at those

EDIT: It's not like I was expecting it to restore my illegitimate games automatically, but I was expecting the saves to work if I reinstalled them. And the lack of saves showing up is extending to my legitimately purchased material as well

Last edited by Supah,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The majority were legitimately purchased, some were cias and some were cias of snes games that I haven't even tried reinstalling yet b/c I want to deal with the overarching problem before i look at those
What do you see when you go into data management in system settings?

It's possible that the combination of legitimate and illegitimate titles on your SD card has confused the target 3DS in some way so that it's refusing the recognise anything in the Nintendo 3DS folder. It may be difficult to do this, but perhaps you could go through the titles in the Nintendo 3DS folder and delete the folders of titles that were installed via FreeShop or .cia files.

Alternatively, have you tried placing the SD back in the source 3DS? It's very unlikely, but if the system transfer itself screwed up somehow, maybe it's still able to recognise those files.

Honestly, it seems very possible that you'll never be able to recover your saves.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Supah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you see when you go into data management in system settings?

It's possible that the combination of legitimate and illegitimate titles on your SD card has confused the target 3DS in some way so that it's refusing the recognise anything in the Nintendo 3DS folder. It may be difficult to do this, but perhaps you could go through the titles in the Nintendo 3DS folder and delete the folders of titles that were installed via FreeShop or .cia files.

Alternatively, have you tried placing the SD back in the source 3DS? It's very unlikely, but if the system transfer itself screwed up somehow, maybe it's still able to recognise those files.

Honestly, it seems very possible that you'll never be able to recover your saves.

I'll give it a go when I get home for work as far as putting the SD card back where it came from. But I did call nintendo to see if they could fix the transfer and the lady on the line claimed it technically did transfer so either I'm going to need to wait a week to try again myself or it actually worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?