Hacking Weird SD2Vita Issue

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted some games on my 200GB MicroSD that I installed from MAI. I deleted them on the main PS Vita menu as normal.

Well, in restarting my Vita and afterwards when I restart it, it always tells me that my space is less than 40MB. YET, when I pop the microSD in the computer, it shows the correct amount that I have 21GB of free space. I followed the tutorial to a T and didn't have issues like this on my 128GB card.

Why is this going on and how can I fix this? It's really annoying.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Back it up to your PC, check how much the backup is (total bytes) and on the card, then format the card again.
Copy it all back and see if it fixes the problem.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to rebuild the database.
switch off the vita and then press and hold down the power,right shoulder and the PSP blue button.
boots into safe mode
Then rebuild database.

once done it will reboot in sony mode .
then shutdown and restart in enso.

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to rebuild the database.
switch off the vita and then press and hold down the power,right shoulder and the PSP blue button.
boots into safe mode
Then rebuild database.

once done it will reboot in sony mode .
then shutdown and restart in enso.

I already backed up the card, reformatted and am in the process of copying everything back over. I'll keep that in mind if it still isn't fixed. There did seem to be a corruption with one file(an FBA rom) when I tried copying it over, so I don't know if that did it.

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Rebuilding the database DID NOT work. Still tells me I have no space left on my card, yet I can still pop it in my PC and it’ll show me the correct space

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT DID IT! Reformatted it with 64k clusters and BOOM! No more low space Error. Shows up as the correct size. Thank you!!!
I did this as well and it fixed my space issue.
I would assume that with bigger cards, the cluster size by default is larger than 64k (128k i believe for 256 gig micro sd cards). For whatever reason, the 128k cluster size doesn't work correctly.
I'm guessing here, but the driver for reading memory is probably the issue. If they're using a custom driver, it's probably not allocating enough buffer space to read the 128k clusters or bigger correctly. If not, and they're using a built in driver, just a reminder that the biggest vita memory cards are 64 gig and won't encounter this issue either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM