Hacking Weird 3DS now bricked by DSiWare Method.

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a 3DS for unlock and it was giving odd problems.

First, safehax only booted one time after many tries, and said there was an error in something when I tried CTRNAND Transfer.

So I decided to do a hardmod and downgrade using the old way, but I couldn't make the Hardmod work, the 3DS would shutoff before the screen turns blue.

So I decided to use the old method of DSiWare downgrade using SUDOHAX injected.

Everything was working untill I downgraded.

I don't have any backup and the 3DS just turns the powerlight and nothing else happens.
Recovery also doesn't work.

Since the problem appeared after I did the downgrade with DSiWare, maybe I could try again to do a hardmod and use the autofirm-master to maybe, write a new FIRM and try again?

I'm very concerned because this 3DS is not mine!

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 3DS for unlock and it was giving odd problems.

First, safehax only booted one time after many tries, and said there was an error in something when I tried CTRNAND Transfer.

So I decided to do a hardmod and downgrade using the old way, but I couldn't make the Hardmod work, the 3DS would shutoff before the screen turns blue.

So I decided to use the old method of DSiWare downgrade using SUDOHAX injected.

Everything was working untill I downgraded.

I don't have any backup and the 3DS just turns the powerlight and nothing else happens.
Recovery also doesn't work.

Since the problem appeared after I did the downgrade with DSiWare, maybe I could try again to do a hardmod and use the autofirm-master to maybe, write a new FIRM and try again?

I'm very concerned because this 3DS is not mine!
You messed up on step 1:
YOU DIDNT DUMP A NAND BACKUP

And doing it now would have no effect, because its already corrupt. Basically saying corrupt OS -> dump corrupt rom -> restore corrupt rom and expecting it to work :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But at least now your work papers and documents won't fly away when the wind blows through the room...

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, someone with the skill to do a hardmod didn't think to make a NAND backup? Well.... that's a first for me.

@dekuleon - Sorry to say, but for right now that 3DS is done for. No way to recover it that I am aware of. MAAAAYBE if sighax is released publicly in the future, it would be possible to encrypt a new NAND for the console and get it working again, but for now there's no way.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For everyone else, a backup is just a backup, but for you, the owner of the 3DS, it's your lifeline. Which you just ignored.

wlnsjc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know guys, I messed up!

I just ordered a new motherboard from aliexpress, it isn't expensive.

I also rememberef of sighax, maybe in the future! :)

I have a similar problem, in my case it blinks the blue led and then turns off. I'm thinking of buying another motherboard, in your case it worked?

wlnsjc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It did... But it was so long ago, now we can fix any soft brick with ntrboothax.

I tried to make the Larazus in it but it did not work because even closed (or with a magnet) it lights the led ... Strange because it does not turn on I believe there must be some more problem.

I'm Brazilian too, if you can help me send me a PM (I think I can not send PM yet because I'm new here.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1