Hacking webMAN and game updates, questions

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed CFW Rebug 4.76 Lite/Cobra 7.1 and the latest toolbox on a new ps3 slim (2500B) and I was trying to get Dead Island GOTY edition to work. It was converted from PSN to ISO and it bugs out at the beginning of the game. I am using webMAN because for some reason the latest multiMAN (4.76) would not install correctly and i kept getting an error message.

I read somewhere that multiMAN will "patch" games, does webMAN do the same? And if so do you have to be connected to the internet? Or does the issue lie somewhere else? Do I need to "resign" it (whatever that means) or something? o.O

And is it even ok to "check for updates" (by hitting triangle on the mounted ISO symbol) using webMAN? Does that option check for CFW updates or official updates?

D

Deleted User

PSN-> ISO tend to fail often.
Webman will not patch games.
There's no need to patch games on 4.76.

Resigning is only for games that require a FW higher than your current (e.g. you're on 4.46 and the game eboot requires 4.75)

It's fine to check for updates as it's game updates. Though to be honest, when you launch the game, it checks for updates and notifies anyway.

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play games from the external hard drive when using webMAN? I notice a few games recommend it for them to work correctly.

D

Deleted User

create PSXISO and PS3ISO folders on external drive, put ISO's in there, set USB scanning in webman options.

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah alright, I am already doing that. I am using webMAN with an external HD formatted to NTFS. To get Dead Island to work for multiMAN they recommend turning on an option called "BD Mirror" but I am unsure if that is possible in webMAN or if webMAN has an equivalent option.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using the same cfw on my PS3 and also use webMan and it works great ;)
I have also Dead Island GOTY (retail bluraydisc rip) on my ext HDD drive (fat32), I never play it but I can test for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?