• Total voters

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now changes in editor seem to be saved. But in-game it's like i didn't do anything. On top of that when i save the game on 3DS and export it again to fireditor - editor don't see changes that i previously made. Maybe it is related to EUR version?

I tested it on the save file that you gave me and on my end it worked. Can you tell me step by step what you did?

EDIT: maybe it is because you are using firefox however I very highly doubt it both vue and all the code I wrote should be compatible but I did not test it.

Last edited by lea,

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use Firefox and use the EUR version and I could edit the save with results ingame. I'll upload the save I used, I gave Chrom Galeforce and put in some Ragnells, I also duplicated Ike.

Attachments

• Chapter2.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 226

zaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
OK I'll try to describe my process of editing as good as i can.

1. I exported my save file in 3DS with JKSM (JK's Save manager)
2. Then i connected 3ds with my PC (since i have n3dsxl i don't remove my micro sd card every time - i just use FTP)
3. I copy my files (i am aware that they are encrypted/compressed in that point)
4. I use Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool to decompress my save file
5. I use Your online Editor to import my file and make changes to it.
6. I download file (I use Firefox)
7. I copy downloaded file to my decompressed folder (overwriting old file before changes were made)
8. I use Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool to compress it again
9. I copy files to 3DS to JKSM folder overwriting old ones (FTP)
10. I run JKSM on 3ds and import save from folder to game (and often i delete saves that was previously used in-game)
11. I run FE:Awakening (and see that no changes were made)

My concerns: I think that I'm making mistake with the use of Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool on PC. I'm not sure if it overwrites my files correctly. I even deleted folder when i was in application to make sure that it will create a new one (and it did).

If You have any pointers - that would be great.

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'll try to describe my process of editing as good as i can.

1. I exported my save file in 3DS with JKSM (JK's Save manager)
2. Then i connected 3ds with my PC (since i have n3dsxl i don't remove my micro sd card every time - i just use FTP)
3. I copy my files (i am aware that they are encrypted/compressed in that point)
4. I use Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool to decompress my save file
5. I use Your online Editor to import my file and make changes to it.
6. I download file (I use Firefox)
7. I copy downloaded file to my decompressed folder (overwriting old file before changes were made)
8. I use Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool to compress it again
9. I copy files to 3DS to JKSM folder overwriting old ones (FTP)
10. I run JKSM on 3ds and import save from folder to game (and often i delete saves that was previously used in-game)
11. I run FE:Awakening (and see that no changes were made)

My concerns: I think that I'm making mistake with the use of Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool on PC. I'm not sure if it overwrites my files correctly. I even deleted folder when i was in application to make sure that it will create a new one (and it did).

If You have any pointers - that would be great.

The way the FEAST works is it loads the files when you open them not when you save them thus if you load a file then delete it you can still decompress or compress it as well as save it. The only thing this means for us is that upon modifying a file we must reload it into FEAST. If I understand you correctly then you aren't reloading the file once you modify it thus it isn't being changed once you compress it.

zaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Thank You for Your pointer it get me back on right track to determine the problem. It was 1.0 ver. of FEAST - there was bug when loading decompressed files (i downloaded newest 1.1 ver.) then i loaded edited save and now it works like a charm. Thank You again for great tool and patience :)

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The editor is about to go down for a bit, I broke git.

EDIT0: OK it's back up now and you can view the character string and delete characters now. The url is different now also: https://alexmgriffin.github.io/fire-editor2/

EDIT1: there is also a glitch where if you have any fallen units using the duplicate function or importing from hex will produce a file that crashes the game. Everything else should work though.

Last edited by lea,
Reactions: cercity

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a collection I've made so far of some characters for people to inject. It's mostly level 1 Spotpass/DLC characters, as well as Tiki, Say'ri, Anna, and the extra endgame characters.

Attachments

• Base Character Blocks.zip
    22 KB · Views: 618

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a collection I've made so far of some characters for people to inject. It's mostly level 1 Spotpass/DLC characters, as well as Tiki, Say'ri, Anna, and the extra endgame characters.
Thanks, these should be preloads in the next release.

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marriages and parentage would be great. I've tried this on my own and only managed to destroy my saves.

No one to my knowledge knows how the supports are stored if anyone knows pm me. Parents on the other hand are stored within the child's character block so that may exist soon.

zaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
And one more question - is it possible to change strenghts/weakness (growth) of avatar?

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added hair color and parent editing. There is now recognition of fallen units however the duplicate, delete and import functions don't really work if you have them. By this I mean that on 2 cartridges (eu and us) loading the same exact save one worked the other crashed I have no clue why this happens however it implies some difference on how death is handled in different regions. Tell me if it works but I wouldn't hold my breath. On a better note I now have an inigo who's mother is olivia and who's father is also olivia.

EDIT: wweeiirrdd

Last edited by lea,

zaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
One more thing i detected - On Outrealm Gate (DLC) after using editor it will reset your completion (i mean turns counter on the right side).

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing i detected - On Outrealm Gate (DLC) after using editor it will reset your completion (i mean turns counter on the right side).

I don't know what value are you talking about, so can you elaborate?
Also what did you edit that made it break?

zaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I edited Owain and added Galeforce as his 5th skill that's it. It didn't deleted anything major (i still have my items from maps completion (dread scroll etc.) but game just cleared my turns counter (on the right side). So for 3rd person it looks like i never beat any map on DLC :D

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: this is on hold for now as i have school. I will still work on this when I have time but it will not be updated nearly as often.

lea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is intresting might i suggest the option to edit the number of battles and victories?
I think i could do this. However I don't know where they are stored so might not be in the next update. Speaking of which the next release will be soonish, and will have decompression then editing then recompression of the entire save folder. So there's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/