Web based Fire Emblem Awakening save editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by lea, Jun 6, 2017.

?

what should I prioritize

1. editable level

18.5%
  2. editable exp

15.4%
  3. hair color

27.7%
  4. editable skills (active)

24.6%
  5. editable skills (learned)

40.0%
  6. editable stats

40.0%
  7. editable classes

46.2%
  8. asset/flaw

16.9%
  9. ui (how it looks and feels)

24.6%
  10. deletion of characters (this will take a while)

6.2%
  11. duplication of characters (this will take a while)

12.3%
  12. In browser sav decompression (this will take a while)

21.5%
  13. Support Editing (this will take a while)

18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Yeah that would actually be relatively easy to implement why didn't I think of adding that.

EDIT: it has been done if anyone has the exact values for the exp levels then tell me and I will add them. I am jetlagged AF and really just can't right now.

Last edited by lea, Jul 4, 2017
    cercity likes this.
  2. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    Wow, great work.

I believe the weapon experience ranks go like this:

A - 90
    B - 60
    C - 35
    D - 15
    E - 0

3. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Thanks github is syncing with the information now.

EDIT: At this point my main goal will be refactoring as that should let me transition more easily into loading compressed files, and character duplication and deletion. However this will take a while.

Last edited by lea, Jul 4, 2017
    cercity likes this.
  4. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    Is there any way to modify internal levels for a character? I can't find much about internal levels online.

5. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    What do you mean by internal levels, It is possible to edit the level of a character in the current editor.

6. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    The internal level is a hidden number that the game tracks by how much a character levels. It is used to determine how much experience a character gains; for example, if I have a unit and level it to level 20 through advanced classes a bunch of times, then second seal that unit back to an unpromoted class at level 1, it will gain less experience than a brand new, fresh level 1 unpromoted unit. I think the experience gain is about 8-ish per kill on a unit with a high internal level.

I'm going to try and compare two character blocks of the same character to see if I can find it.

7. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    If you can find the offset then I can implement it *extremely* easily and this goes for every value people can find. However Right now I am trying to get a more flexible learned skills option so it won't happen for a bit unless someone finds it.

8. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    I did some testing and I don't think it's a single offset - I found no instances of a set internal level (current+cumulative) or even just a cumulative level within the test character block. It must be a more complex calculation.

Oh well, I was only trying to find it to fix logbook units to use for spotpass character playthroughs but it's easy enough to just get a level 1 unit and overide its identity with the desired unit.

9. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    The first big refactoring stage is done. Basicly nothing changes for you people other than you now have complete control over the learned skills of a unit and the hair color glitch has been fixed completely. the MU/DLC hair color editing for jp cartridges may not work (still trying to find a way to distinguish between regions) however everything else should work.

I will try looking for this value and if I find it then it will be in the next update.

Last edited by lea, Jul 6, 2017
    cercity likes this.
  10. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    If it's any use to you the Avatar/Logbook hairstyle offset is the value just before the hair colour. The values should be:

00 - Hairstyle 1
    01 - Hairstyle 2
    02 - Hairstyle 3
    03 - Hairstyle 4
    04 - Hairstyle 5

I haven't done alot of testing with this yet.

11. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Yeah that was going to be in the current release but I couldn't find the voice type so I didn't. Will most likely be in the next one.

12. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    Did you find the voice offset? I think it's just after the hair colour, going 00 01 02.

13. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    DO NOT CHANGE THE HAIR COLOR OF ANY AVATARS REGARDLESS OF YOUR REGION I CAN'T COUNT.

this public safety broadcast brought to you by a severe lack of caffeine in my blood.

you can still change child hair color just not MU's or DLC characters.

Last edited by lea, Jul 6, 2017
  14. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    I think there's an issue with non-hair changes too - I edited the skills and weapon exp of two DLC characters which caused two issues: one a missing portrait and the other a crash.

15. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    OK so I think everything is fixed. I can successfully edit all the appearance values for avatars and logbook characters including hair color. Avatar customization will not work on jp saves but everything else worked for me.

16. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    Avatar customization isn't working on PAL saves either. Do you a PAL save for testing? I can attach one here. On my version hair types start from 00 to 04 (05 is 04 style but with a bald portrait) but I'm not sure if thats the same for other areas. Also for some reason the last character in my party didn't show on the editor.

Apart from that it's working fine again.

17. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    The European and American saves are exactly the same. There shouldn't be a difference between their used values for Avatar customization.

18. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    I will check on it if you could give me a save then I can try to fix it. Also the hair inner values are 00 - 04 in my region as well however on the character customization screen it is 01-05. so I referenced that too try to make it more straightforward.

the name block in eu saves are 48 long right? if so then it may be a problem with your(cercity) save. Is it working fine on your end(Olmectron?)

19. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    I've found it's the DLC units I'm trying to edit that's causing the problem with me not being able to edit the values. I can edit my avatar unit fine and the changes are saved, but with the DLC units the changes are not being recognized. It's very strange - I'm trying to edit hair colour, but lea's editor and the game itself do not register the changes. But when I view the character block in HxD and in your nightly editor the colour offsets are different (they are what they should be).

Last edited by cercity, Jul 7, 2017
  20. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    OK are streetpass units and your MU editable?