Web based Fire Emblem Awakening save editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by lea, Jun 6, 2017.

?

what should I prioritize

1. editable level

20.5%
  2. editable exp

20.5%
  3. hair color

33.3%
  4. editable skills (active)

33.3%
  5. editable skills (learned)

48.7%
  6. editable stats

48.7%
  7. editable classes

51.3%
  8. asset/flaw

23.1%
  9. ui (how it looks and feels)

30.8%
  10. deletion of characters (this will take a while)

7.7%
  11. duplication of characters (this will take a while)

12.8%
  12. In browser sav decompression (this will take a while)

23.1%
  13. Support Editing (this will take a while)

10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    RELEASE2: Now you can edit stats. I also did a bit of bug fixing. Now comes the hard bit of trying to get supports working.

past releases
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

link: https://alexmgriffin.github.io/fire-editor/
    github: https://github.com/alexMGriffin/fire-editor

If you know any amount of js don't look at the code it is a mess wrapped in a garbage fire.

Edit1: I am going to sleep now.

Last edited by lea, Jun 22, 2017
    aruna and Olmectron like this.

2. Borjitasstoi

Borjitasstoi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2016
    put this in my 3ds or use this like pkhex in my laptop?

3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Like PKHex in your laptop.

4. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Skill editing seems a bit iffy on my end.

I'm not completely sure about this, but it seems that when I make it so that more than two units have "All Skills, Even Lunatic+" learned, my 3DS crashes. Something along the lines of an ARM11 exception. I can post the dump it created if necessary.

What happens is when I move to the Equip Skills or Inventory menu, I can't scroll past more than two units without my 3DS crashing.

When I only edit Chrom's skills, it works just fine. EDIT: I can get up to two.

Anything I may be doing wrong or something? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kafkakama, Jun 17, 2017
  5. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Right now I am away from a computer and will be until about midnight but their are a few things you can give me.
    What region are you in, what characters are you trying to edit, when does the error occur, what hax/cfw are you using and how are you extracting/injecting your saves. Arm11 errors imply something way wrong with your system not just the save but I don't have much experience with that. A copy if both the unedited and edited files would be great. Also the exact error you get when the exception happens.

6. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    I currently don't have the ability to find the exact save files from before and after the crash since I deleted them, but I'll see if I can find copies on my computer, and if not, find a way to replicate the errors.

As for the other things, I'll do my best to answer.

Region: USA

Characters in Question: Essentially all of them. Editing the learned skills (or at least making it so they know all skills) of more than two characters seems to do the crash for me.

When the Error Occurs: Scrolling through the Edit Skills or Inventory menus. Haven't checked others.

Hax/CFW: Boot9Strap 1.2 w/ Luma3DS v8.0

Method of Save Extraction/Injection: All done through JKSM and FEST.

Other info: The only crash I experienced was the ARM11 exception. When editing equipped skills through Olmectron's Fire Editor, no such errors would occur.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I'll try to find the saves and take some pictures of the ARM11 error I see on my screen as soon as I can (probably tomorrow soonest)

What I can give right now are some .dmp files, if you can read them.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kafkakama, Jun 18, 2017
  7. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Minutes before you posted this I believe I found the problem. any children don't seem to work because they have different sized character blocks however I was able to edit chrom, maleMU, and cordelia's skills all in one run without problems. Try editing only first generation units. As for the .dmp files they are gibberish to me so I can't really help you there.

Other news not specifically pertaining to this: my power has been out for the last week which is why I haven't updated anything recently. This should be amended soon.

8. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Alright, this is starting to confuse me a bit. Here are some things I did and some results:

1. The only editing I'm doing is making it so that the learned skills of a character are "All Skills, Even Lunatic+".

2. It seems that editing certain characters doesn't sit well with the game. I've tried editing Olivia's and Cherche's skills, and then after importing my edited saves, I would then go to the "Equip Skills" menu. Olivia's and Cherche's new skills were not there, and my system would crash shortly after selecting them. Other characters, like Sumia, work fine. No children were edited.

See my attached saves (Please proceed with CAUTION! These saves crashed my whole 3DS. There was no severe damage or errors afterwards, but I still want to issue a warning because I don't want to possibly ruin someone's system accidentally.)

3. Another thing of note: In the saves I have attached, Owain and Stahl are missing when I use the editor. I've not noticed any other units disappearing; there may be though.

4. I've also attached images of the sort of ARM11 crashes I get.

This is a lot of stuff that's wonky on my end, and I apologize for such a complicated issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kafkakama, Jun 20, 2017
  9. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States

So I was able to load all the saves into my game it did crash but did not throw an exception so that is on your end. I was also able to edit cherche to have all skills from the stable save file with no problems. I was also able to edit Olivia as well and it worked in that it added the skills but well see the file (this was also fixed). As for some of the characters not showing up that was just my code being bad and I have fixed it now.

unrelated: I added hair color editing and did some revision to the regex and some code cleanup (still a garbage fire.)

Attached Files:

Kafkakama and AxelKatsuragi like this.
  10. Choromatsu

Choromatsu Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    United States
    Any way we can edit supports with this sometime? I find that being the biggest thing for me.

11. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    I will look into it but it isn't something I can do any time soon due to it being (to my knowledge at least) undocumented. I can try but no promises.

EDIT: If anyone knows anything about it pm me

Last edited by lea, Jun 20, 2017
    Choromatsu likes this.
  12. Choromatsu

Choromatsu Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    United States
    No hurry! Thanks for looking into it.

13. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Well, I guess that means that there's just something messed-up with my save and my issue is completely client-side. Which is a bummer, but what can one do about it.

Anyway, thanks for helping out! Hope your future work comes out smoothly.

lea likes this.
  14. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    RELEASE2: Now you can edit stats. I also did a bit of bug fixing. Now comes the hard bit of trying to get supports working.

@Kafkakama this should have fixed the skill problem I couldn't count so it was putting the skill block in the wrong place.

Kafkakama and Calcifer13 like this.
  15. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    I'm happy to report that skill editing works flawlessly on my end now! I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.

Huge thanks for getting that issue resolved; good luck on everything else!

lea likes this.
  16. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    2 releases in one day one 24 hour cycle. Now you can edit all items individually in your convoy. Tell me if there are any issues because I didn't test this very extensively.

Calcifer13 likes this.
  17. Calcifer13

Calcifer13 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    Omg. You need to take a break. But seriously, thank you for your hard work. Save editing makes it easier for me to try out different builds/classes instead of always going to the most optimal build.

lea likes this.
  18. Calcifer13

Calcifer13 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    So the convoy editor seems to work fine.

However, I don't know if its just me or if other people have the same problem. But I can't seem to scroll down the page in the Unit Editor.

In the convoy editor I can scroll down, but not in the unit editor.

19. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Can you make one for Fates?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

20. lea
    OP

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    (when your official job title is css engineer and you can't even write it) Should be fixed as soon as github processes it.

Luckily one already exists: https://gbatemp.net/threads/feftwiddler-fire-emblem-fates-save-editor.422439/