Hardware We want a response...NOW!

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
shadyboy said:
okey... Now I have read trough all of the post`s on this topic..
the main things I am wondering on is this:

1. For the wiikey owners, have you mannaged to play SSBB, the Dual Layer DVD version, on your wiikey wii? ( and if yes please do tell me what you did, coz I am scared of the tought that I might do a wrong burn )

2. Wiikey -> Opnewii
What is needed to be done to make a Wiikey to a Openwii ? And is there a good tutorial for how to do it?

3. Future tought: Will future Wii games be on DL DVD`s ?

1. Yes, I downloaded the iso legally backed up my game to an ISO and burnt it using default settings in imgburn, it worked fine first time (2.4x on a Verbatim disc).

2. No clue

3. Very doubtul, dual-layer costs more for companies to make and most wii games so far haven't even used the full size of normal DVD media.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
shadyboy said:
2. Wiikey -> Opnewii
What is needed to be done to make a Wiikey to a Openwii ? And is there a good tutorial for how to do it?

There is no good tutorial. I would be willing to write one if someone donated me a Wiikey Clone. However, I will list the steps.

1. Ensure your computer has a parallel port. Most desktops still have one...
2. Build an SP12 programmer. Instructions are here: http://chiip.descrambler.de/index.php/Programmer
3. If you want to use the quicksolder points, you will have to cut the traces on the Wiikey, and use wire to connect the appropriate points on the IC to the quicksolder points.
4. Program your Wiikey. You will need to work out which pins to connect the programmer to, using the above page and this image: http://www.avrmall.com/ishop/upload/bbs/AT...8_AI_pinout.jpg
You will need to obtain the firmware from the openwii forums - http://openwii.org
5. Solder your Wiikey-OpenWii into your Wii. You will only need to do this once, as OpenWii has had DVD updateability for a while now. (Check http://openwii.org for setup discs and firmware)

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care that much. If nintendo didn't put any more security on brawl than they did on Galaxy, then what do you think they're going to do to Mario Kart? Not much...if anything. I'll switch to Wasabi if I'm forced to.

I was also afraid of issues popping up, but thats because I was overdosing on Brawl nostalga. I downloaded House of the Dead, and Bully...and I totally forgot about the issue.

STFUAJPG.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think there will be more protections. SSBB was a very big release for Nintendo, and they definitely would have put new protection on it if they only knew how.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NEWS: Wiikey confirmed they are indeed working on an update!

wiinewz.com

also i wouldn't worry too too much about protection now with trucha signer. i would worry more about trucha signed discs being disabled by a new firmware

junp3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
NEWS: Wiikey confirmed they are indeed working on an update!

wiinewz.com

also i wouldn't worry too too much about protection now with trucha signer. i would worry more about trucha signed discs being disabled by a new firmware

i said that on page 4, but i was ignored, good luck
biggrin.gif

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marticuno said:
Wow seems Wiikey is back on again
smile.gif
I wish all Wiikey users joy and happiness ^^

When I saw the news I felt like singing! Thank you wiikey team! I never lost hope!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I also forgot to mention. If you want an open source mod chip but are technically challenged, you can always buy em pre-made. eurasia.nu stocks YAOSM modchips for cheaper than a wiikey. Although I guess this point is moot since the person this is most relevant too ITT has abandoned serious discussion.

Wonder when we'll see something from wiikey...

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Heran Bago said:
Ah, I also forgot to mention. If you want an open source mod chip but are technically challenged, you can always buy em pre-made. eurasia.nu stocks YAOSM modchips for cheaper than a wiikey. Although I guess this point is moot since the person this is most relevant too ITT has abandoned serious discussion.

You should have read just a few posts up. They have sent beta versions of the new firmware to resellers and the website is back up.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Marticuno said:
Heran Bago said:

You should have read just a few posts up. They have sent beta versions of the new firmware to resellers and the website is back up.

I know about the site. By "we" I meant I wonder when we'll get our hands on an update. I'm not a reseller so I didn't mean resellers by "we".
..although posing as a reseller does sound nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?