Hardware We want a response...NOW!

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am formally introducing an online protest against Wiikey. While I know it might not work, it irks me at the thought the Wiikey team has been sitting on their asses not even talking or responding to their consumers.
Grievances to Wiikey Team:
1. Reinstate your God Damned website.
2. Open up your forums.
3. Give us some information on what the hell is going on with DL and the supposed patch we were suppose to get, even if it's: "We're don't know what the fuck we are doing, but we are working on it."

If Demands are not met, please consider your other options:
1. Open up your damned source, so others might figure out what the hell to do.
2. Stop selling your device. It is obvious that the Wiikey team doesn't care about its consumers because of their lack of support. It is simply not fair to sell an inferior product to the less educated consumer. Yes, we know that other products have similar problems, but we can can responses out of them....dickheads...

If these options are not taken, as a community we should come up with a way to tarnish the Wiikey product. What do you guys think?

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i will admit i am worried about the future of the device. i have installed at least 20 wiikey including my own.

i think the best we can do is pray for 1 more update.

the wiikey team reputation is shit already, so consider the rep tarnished already

snowphoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
None of this will work. Simple fact is that the wiikey is at the end of its life as a product. The majority of people buying chips now need D2C chips. Normally good business practice is to support end of life products in order to develop a good reputation and consumer loyalty.

The wiikey team aren't doing this, but people are still buying D2Ckeys and D2pros, so until people stop doing that, why should the wiikey team bother supporting a chip which they aren't going to sell very many more of when they can work on supporting chips with a lot more future potential.

I know it sucks that wiikey owners get almost no customer support, but just be glad that your chip does almost everything it's meant to. Unfortunately this thread isn't going to make the wiikey team change there attitude towards customer support.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiikey Team developed the Wiikey for one purpose and one purpose only.
To make money.

They don't care what happens to you. As long as they've sold one Wiikey, they can buy something that you weren't able to as you've used your money on them. The time it took them to make the Wiikey could not have possibly been long at all, considering it was one of the first modchips for the Wii. The fact that you're asking for updates and responses already show that you've purchased a Wiikey and they've accomplished what they were setting out for.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow , that little rant sure showed them , they're probably shaking in the boots right now for fear of sid0101.

laugh.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
sid0101 said:
I am formally introducing an online protest against Wiikey. While I know it might not work, it irks me at the thought the Wiikey team has been sitting on their asses not even talking or responding to their consumers.

Fail, you're a few months behind all the other protests.

sid0101 said:
Grievances to Wiikey Team:
1. Reinstate your God Damned website.
2. Open up your forums.
3. Give us some information on what the hell is going on with DL and the supposed patch we were suppose to get, even if it's: "We're don't know what the fuck we are doing, but we are working on it."

1. Wiinewz was their official line of communication since their site got taken down.
2. They never had forums?
3. No comment from me.

sid0101 said:
If Demands are not met, please consider your other options:
1. Open up your damned source, so others might figure out what the hell to do.
2. Stop selling your device. It is obvious that the Wiikey team doesn't care about its consumers because of their lack of support. It is simply not fair to sell an inferior product to the less educated consumer. Yes, we know that other products have similar problems, but we can can responses out of them....dickheads...

1. There's an open source ATMEGA8L Modchip, called OpenWii, and a Guide on how to convert your Wiikey to one, like the "educated consumer" you are.
2. They make money from it. Would you cut off your own income? Also, you sound like an idiot.

QUOTE(sid0101 @ Mar 16 2008, 06:39 PM)
If these options are not taken, as a community we should come up with a way to tarnish the Wiikey product. What do you guys think?

Whinge whinge whinge whine whine.
But no one cares.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well, if they don't plan on working on it anymore, they should open the sources allright.
It will allow us to solves problems without them making any expense, and it may also be somewhat positive for wiikey sales.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything arctic flame said.

Plus they HAVE made a statement/responded about it. They said not to expect an update so to either install a switch or get a new cip.

Also they aren't team "wiikey" they are team Xeno. Wiikey is just the name of one of their products.

They made the Xeno GC modchip and the Xeno blaster for 360. So, if you feel the need to boycott them, do so by not buying Xeno products like the ones I just mentioned and any others that may come out on the market.

edit for pottageb: wasabi or yaosm or if you have a wiikey you can convert it to openwii like arctic said.

pottageb

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, I think they have gone for good...

Can someone direct me to another mod chip similar to wiikey, but with updates...

Thanks

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They have earned enough millions, they don't give a shit anymore
They say Bye fools for spending so much money on a $2 dollar costing chip

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
OpenWii, for the third time in this very thread.
Also, YAOSM.

i have no soldering skills nor do i have any modchip installing skills either, i will have to pay for someone else to do it for me, plus open source of any format is crap to say the least, i wouldn't be any better off.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
plus open source of any format is crap to say the least, i wouldn't be any better off.

I can't find anything right with that statement, typing from Linux, with OpenWii being the first modchip to support SMG, and YAOSM, the best PIC-based modchip there is.

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember that many (most?) of the Wiikey's sold were clones (mine included - although I didn't know that when I ordered it) so the team didn't quite get the return that they anticipated. This in mind, I'm not really surprised that they are a little lackadaisical about updates for their product.

Wii publishers may raise a wry smile as they got a taste of their own medicine!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
jalaneme said:
plus open source of any format is crap to say the least, i wouldn't be any better off.

I can't find anything right with that statement, typing from Linux, with OpenWii being the first modchip to support SMG, and YAOSM, the best PIC-based modchip there is.

do you really think the average gamer is a hacking genius and instantly understands how to make source code for this modchip and how to program? i don't think so at all, plus linux is not the slightest noob friendly is it? thats the last thing i would want to be messing around with, i just want a modchip that works and does what it needs to do, not a dam expert programmer modchip thing.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
do you really think the average gamer is a hacking genius and instantly understands how to make source code for this modchip and how to program? i don't think so at all, plus linux is not the slightest noob friendly is it? thats the last thing i would want to be messing around with, i just want a modchip that works and does what it needs to do, not a dam expert programmer modchip thing.

I'm note going to argue any more, do your research. I don't know how to compile AVR code (The code that Wiikey/OpenWii use), and I can still use them as a modchip. Also, say, Ubuntu is easier to use than windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: