Hacking WBFS to ISO Problem

Luwafer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey y'all,

So I use USB Loader GX on my Wii and use WBFS Manager to get files onto my USB. However, WBFS Manager only seems to accept .iso's and then converts them to .wbfs files. This means that if I download a .wbfs file, I have to convert it into an .iso first so then I can load it into WBFS Manager which will just convert it back into a .wbfs anyway, which seems pretty silly, but oh well.

So in order to convert from .wbfs to .iso, I've been using Wii Backup Manager, which was working great up until just now. For some reason, now whenever I try to use Wii Backup Manager to convert file types, the conversion process won't actually take place. Instead, it'll just go straight to 100% completion and act as if the conversion process was successful, but without actually converting anything.

Any ideas as to why Wii Backup Manager is doing this? I tried converting files that previously converted successfully and the same problem occurs, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the files I'm attempting to convert. I tried reinstalling Wii Backup Manager and everything, to no avail. If nobody knows how to solve this issue, are there any other ways to get .wbfs files onto my USB to run through USB Loader GX?

Thanks!

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using WBFS Manager, that means your drive is still formatted as WBFS.
You'd be better off using wbfs2fat to have a FAT32 formatted drive and lose half the headache....

Even then, WBM can read/write to a WBFS formatted drive.

WBFS formatted drive was fine when it was the only way, but has too many issues to list.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
WBFS formatted drive was fine when it was the only way, but has too many issues to list.
In have no issues since years with my WBFS drives. They are faster than FAT/NTFS and have no defragmentation problems. The only disadvantage is the more complicated handling for the average users.

NewbTube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiibackup Fusion I find good for converting wia to iso or wbfs to iso when wii backup manager reports errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1