Hacking WBFS free space question

striderx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched all over GBAtemp and other sites and haven't found the answer to my question, so I apologize if it's here and I couldn't find it.

I have a 160GB HDD that I prepared for storing backups using WBFSManager 3.0.1 RTW x86, uploaded May 3, 2009. I ran out of space recently so I began to use the "Extract ISO" to copy ISO's from my WBFS partition to free space on one of my computer's harddrives. After that I used the "Delete" button on the WBFS GUI to delete those ISO's that I had backed up. After deleting about a half dozen or so ISO's, the WBFS GUI reported approximately 16GB free.

I connected it to my Wii and tried to backup a disk using USBLoaderGX and it stops and tells my there's not enough space on the drive to do this. I says there's only about 3.5GB free. I then use USBLoaderGX to delete some more ISO's and that process seemed to be effective.

Can someone please help me understand why there's such a big discrepency between the free space reported by these two apps? Which one is correct? I've read posts where people are asking about defragging a WBFS drive. Is this problem the source of their question?

What's the best way of dealing with this?

Thanks!

striderx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse