Hacking WBFS & fat32 is it possible?

rinnycoop121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering is it possible to have both fat32 and WBFS partition on a 500gb drive?

so that the WBFS can be for Wii backups and the fat32 for GC backups

SO that i can play both GC and Wii games with my Wii without having to change out the drive every time i want to choose a game?

Let me know

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go FAT32 with 16k cluster(or was it 32k??Either is fine I think). It works for everything. you can have Wii games on FAT32. Its stable . WBFS is not. You can have .WBFS files on FAT32. I use Wii backup manager. Go FAT32, Don't be a fool. Google is your friend.

Edited:
http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/ <--- Wii Backup Manager

You just use this to install all .iso files and use your loader to install from disk as usual.

Reactions: rinnycoop121

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's 32k/cluster.
all the HDD in FAT32.

There are still people who think they need WBFS for Wii games? What are they following to hack their Wii ? 4 years old tutorial ? it's really bad to follow old tutorial on new hardware (you can brick it).
Also, don't follow Youtube tutorial made by users who don't understand what they explain.

WBFS partition format is old, deprecated and corrupting games. Please don't use it if you don't already have one.
Format all your drive in FAT32. Don't worry about game files bigger than 4GB, they are split automatically when using Wii Backup Manager.

If you already have a WBFS partition, you will probably need to convert it to FAT32 anyway because Gamecube require the FAT32 partition to be the first partition on the drive. You can convert WBFS partition to FAT32 without losing games by following wbfs2fat guide in my signature.

Reactions: rinnycoop121

rinnycoop121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a couple of last questions,

And Thansk for all the information above

1. Can i upload GC games using Wii Backup Manager or do i need a separate app?

2. To load GC Backups do i use the same Configurable USB Loader i use for my Wii backups?

let me know

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2. I don't know which version you are using, so I'll assume you have an old one. Update it, or use another updated USBLoader. (Wiiflow, CFG, USBLoaderGX, PostLoader, Nintendont, Devolution)

1. No, it's not compatible.
There are other program, but the best option is to copy the game ISO manually (to keep it 1:1 original ISO).
the game need to be placed in :
usb or sd /games/<whatever you want>/game.iso

CFG/Wiiflow/USBLoaderGX should be capable of creating the ISO automatically for you.
Insert the Game Disc, and choose install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks