Hacking Way To run an Android APP on vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont care about a emulator just want to run 1 game app on psvita from apk?

D

Deleted User

Look, I'm going to save you a lot of grief from others. It's just not possible, period.
Just because the Vita runs on an ARM processor like most Android-based machines doesn't mean it will run any Android software.

If this Android app is open-source however, then it may be possible to port it. Depends what it is.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Dionicio3

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look, I'm going to save you a lot of grief from others. It's just not possible, period.
Just because the Vita runs on an ARM processor like most Android-based machines doesn't mean it will run any Android software.

If this Android app is open-source however, then it may be possible to port it. Depends what it is.

oh ..... well i just wanted to run miniclip 8 ball pool LOL

Ethan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
why do you want play the bad game that runs on the computer desktop but not the exclusive vita weebs mr op....

Reactions: cvskid

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why do you want play the bad game that runs on the computer desktop but not the exclusive vita weebs mr op....

oh let me think//// UH same reason i bought the ps vita for .. to be protable because i dont have an android and theres also other apps on android that are not on iphone and plus if it could i can just use 1 device instead of getting out 2 like a phone or a laptop and have all games on 1 and its battery lasts longer than wasting my phones

ASPWLF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Android devices are cheaper than a Vita..

but .... i already have a vita so like if it could it would be convenient and also i wouldnt have to use android and a vita for vita games i would just have to carry around a vita for games and not use a android phone

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm late to this party, but it seems to be possible.
According to a Vita hacking scene developer, theflow claims he wrote a .so loader to load Android's GTA: San Andreas.
gtasavita.png

I don't think Vitandroid was involved in this. So as you can see, yes, it's possible to run an Android app on the handheld.
Now, customizing it to run smoothly on the platform is another story.

V0idst4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm late to this party, but it seems to be possible.
According to a Vita hacking scene developer, theflow claims he wrote a .so loader to load Android's GTA: San Andreas.
gtasavita.png

I don't think Vitandroid was involved in this. So as you can see, yes, it's possible to run an Android app on the handheld.
Now, customizing it to run smoothly on the platform is another story.
This is not directly running an Android game. In case you don't know what a ".so" is a shared library; compiled native C(++) code. He most likely had to add a lot of hooks to get the native code to run. As well as the fact that Android apps are mostly made of Java (which this implementation does not use, it might fake call a few JNI functions) and some don't use any native code at all: I'm sure this is the case for the game OP is asking about.

Last edited by V0idst4r,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night